Shipping Delays?

fupresti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I am a bit impatient, I think most people in this group fall in the same area. I ordered an 8GB/256GB/i5 13" Air last Friday and was quoted 1-3 business days because of the RAM upgrade, but as of today there has been no movement. Is this normal for something as simple as a RAM upgrade?

Rangomango

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
I noticed this too with my BTO. I think its because there is an increase in orders from students going back to school? ...Just speculation.

halledise

macrumors 65816
I am a bit impatient, I think most people in this group fall in the same area. I ordered an 8GB/256GB/i5 13" Air last Friday and was quoted 1-3 business days because of the RAM upgrade, but as of today there has been no movement. Is this normal for something as simple as a RAM upgrade?
you can buy mine - I'll ship it today :)

I found that even tho it looks like there's no movement, Apple is sometimes slow in updating its shipping info to you.
In my experience over a number of years of purchasing direct from Apple Online, anything in stock is shipped incredibly fast, anything customised is always a day or 2 more than they state

diogg

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2011
I am awaiting a MBA, too. 8GB upgrade, so not from stock - a wee bit slower than expected. However, they now seem to have tied the MBA together with the other element of the order and it is now showing as 'out for delivery'. Ordered on 15 Aug. Trying not to be impatient, and enjoying reading about all the MBA experiences on here.