Shipping from apple UK store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fr3d, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Fr3d macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I have just ordered my new Apple TV from the UK apple store (online).

I have recieved a confirmation email which states the following deliverly times:
    I find this rather odd given on the apple site it claims the following:
    Does anyone have any experience of this? am I really going to have to wait until next month??!!

- Any help much appreciated!

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Why not order it from Play.com?

It's not only cheaper and they will actually ship the thing quickly.

3. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

woah :eek:

to me, something seems wrong! u dont live in a remote part of the country do you? give apple a call and see what they say!

4. Fr3d thread starter macrumors newbie

For some reason the online system says I can't cancel the order, even though it's not been shipped :(

Nope, I will call them on Monday, I'm just a little frustraighted that I didn't think to order it from somewhere else.

5. alFR macrumors 68020

I feel your pain. I ordered mine a week ago, allegedly "ships in 24hrs", allegedly did ship 24hrs later, still no sign of it. No updates to the order status beyond what was there when it was originally shipped i.e. "courier details to be updated shortly". WTF? If I order something from Dabs or Amazon, it arrives within 2 days. Why can't Apple do the same?

6. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I am certain you will be able to get it from somewhere else quicky and probably cheaper. Apple sometimes seems to ship its products from timbuktu, strange really when they have a main depot in Ireland. Try kelkoo.co.uk.