Shipping from China?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by snowboarder943, Aug 24, 2010.

1. snowboarder943 macrumors regular

I ordered a Macbook Pro 15" i7 with high-res glossy, $99 Canon PIXMA printer, and 8gb ipod touch, which will be rebated back to me. So far the ipod is the only thing that shipped but from China. Will the computer too?! Is that ok? I feel like something is bound to happen to it by the time it gets here from China! Sorry I'm just really anxious to get my new macbook.

Anyway thanks! :rolleyes:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple has shipped tens/hundreds of million products from China, I guess they know how to take care of their shipments, as there are not that many horror stories out there.

As most electronic products come from China, there is no need to worry, it has been done billions of times.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There must be 100+ threads like this! :rolleyes: Yes, the MBP will ship from Shanghai, China. Relax, it doesn't come on a slow boat. It will arrive when they estimate it will arrive. You can either agonize and check delivery progress every 2 minutes and worry and fret through the entire process, or you can go back to living life and enjoy getting the knock on the door when it arrives. If you've been without your new MBP throughout your whole life so far, you can wait a few more days.

4. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, yeah, yeah haha ok. If you think about though, that's some damn good packaging to keep it safe on the way here. haha

:p thanks guys

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it is! Wait till you see it! Besides, if anything is damaged when you receive it, they'll simply replace it. It's under warranty from the time it ships.

6. FanBoyTroll macrumors member

I ordered an iPad case that was shipped from China through UPS. The estimated delivery day was about 7 days after buying it, but it took 12. I called Apple to say that I was not happy, and that I wanted an iTunes card or something, but they couldn't care less. I love my iPad though.

7. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

Yesss I can't wait! :D

Well that sucks! But I doubt that'll happen to me. :cool: