Shipping in time for Christmas

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Moriphd, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Moriphd macrumors newbie

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can tell me how long I should expect it to take for a custom MBP? I am getting a 15", i7 with the memory upgrade, processor upgrade (from 2.66 to 2.8) and Hi-Res screen. I haven't placed the order yet due to some internal paperwork issues (I am buying this with a grant I got) at my work...but it should be resolved in the next few days.

If I place the order online it says it will be shipped within 2-3 days. I guess, I am hoping that it wont take any longer than 2-weeks from the order being placed, to its delivery from China to Boston, but if someone can chime in and let me know if with the holidays I can expect any additional delay?

Thanks!

- Mori

2. dizmonk macrumors regular

I ordered mine on the 26th and it supposed to be here on Dec. 2nd. I'm in Boston also so about 7-10 days.

3. StevePfisterer macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ordered a custom 15in MBP, ACD, Airport Express and a battery for a non-unibody Monday morning and it is arriving tomorrow (Wednesday), in the Chicago area. It's coming from Nashville. Pretty quick.

4. Moriphd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I appreciate the responses :) I think the order will be going out tomorrow...so hopefully I will get it before the 21st!

I am just a little paranoid...I will be out of town for the holidays, so if the order arrives when I am not around, the computer will just sit in the shipping dock for my office...which of course lends itself to much paranoia of it being stolen etc.

Lots of beaurocratic work b.s prevents me from having the computer shipped directly to my home.

Anyhow, sounds like I should get it in time :) Thanks again fella's!

- Mori