Shipping iPad safely?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mstyle88, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Mstyle88 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Just sold my iPad on ebay, and like others in the near future, want to make sure its shipped properly. I still have the original box and I plan on putting in back in there and packing the box with lots of packing popcorn. Any other suggestions or tips?

For those that are curious I threw it up on eBay in anticipation for iPad 2. A little early I know but I threw it up as a 'Buy It Now' and it happened to sell for what I paid for it within 2 days. I will take a loss in terms of fees but that is fine.

Many thanks.

2. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Sounds like your being careful enough. The iPad is tough and should be just fine.

3. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

Yep, should be good. The original box is meant to be pretty good to protect it, and the extra packing peanuts should make it all good. Just curious, how much did you sell/buy it for?

4. Mstyle88 thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it for $729 + tax (32g + 3g), sold it for $720. When you take into account ebay fees and taxes I took approx a $100 loss. I used it for 5-6 months so its like I rented it for $20 a month!

5. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Make sure you follow all the eBay rules to protect you as a Seller and ship with insurance and a signature confirmation using shipping company that actually captures the signature to verify delivery.

Packing can be tricky, you want to make sure that there is no pressure on the retail box so your packing popcorn filled box sounds good but air packs would be better as they would not allow the retail box to shift around the larger box in addition to the packing popcorn.

Also, make sure that you power off the iPad. I recently had an issue with an iPad that was shipped. When it arrived it had a broken Back light. It was replaced under Apple's 1 yr warranty so it was not a big issue since the iPad was in "like new" condition. I have video if it working 1 minute before the packing so we can confirm that it was working before leaving but arrived with an issue.

Is your winning bidder in the US with access to an Apple store?

Dave

6. jazziethomas macrumors member

The original box plus the packing popcorn would do just fine for a protection for the shipping process.