Shipping iPhone 4s from Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by poundsan, Oct 29, 2011.

1. poundsan macrumors newbie

Hey guys!

I am shipping an iPhone 4s from Canada to California. What is the cheapest shipper to send ? Is there any custom clearance thing ? For FedEx,if i declare it is an iPhone,it cost about 60bucks and it is regular one .

thanks

2. jsh macrumors regular

Cheapest? Probably canada post. Would I recommend using them? No.

3. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

I've used most carriers shipping from Canada to the US. FedEx is usually the cheapest, and pretty fast. UPS is by far the worst, I wouldn't use them for anything.

Just fill out the customs form correctly or you could get into trouble, the least of which would probably be "losing" the package.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

OT, but in the other direction, I have found USPS to be decent enough (and usually a bit cheaper than FedEx), and haven't had issues with customs provided the forms were filled out. I purchased an unlocked iPhone 3GS 2 years ago from Australia (we didn't have unlocked versions back then), had it shipped to me through Australia's postal service (which was finished by USPS here), and then sold it on a year later to someone in Canada. Both times, it went smoothly.

5. poundsan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys . I will send my phone with FedEx

6. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

what about DHL? i have to send my iPhone 4S to Pakistan from UK! so which one do u suggest! Fedex or DHL?

7. lazybee macrumors member

If you are trying to make it easy on the recipient, send by Xpresspost USA. The brokerage fees tacked on by FedEx can be quite a lot. Less then UPS, but still quite unpleasant.