Shipping iPhone 6 US to China

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neodude237, Sep 11, 2014.

1. neodude237 macrumors member

I'm going to preorder a 6 in the US and have it sent to my home address, but I am studying abroad in China at the moment and will have it shipped. Estimates on UPS'/Fedex's sites are about $100, but will I incur any other fees upon it getting here? Or does that estimate include customs fees etc? Thanks for any help.

2. kindadukish macrumors newbie

Get it in HK

The specific answer to your question is that in my experience that price includes all costs, but you won't know for sure until the phone is taken to Fedex or whoever and they fill out the customs paperwork.

My suggestions is save the money and trouble and potential hold up in customs and have a friend bring it over, or buy one in Hong Kong.

By the way, from what I read an unlocked phone you buy in the US (T Mobile version) is not going to work on China Mobile's fastest LTE network in China because it does not support the band CM uses for LTE. You should get 3G or perhaps 4G service though. I'm really not an expert, have just been doing a little reading... But if you want a phone that is likely to work on the fastest networks in China then buy the phone in China or Hong Kong.

You can look at this thread for a more detailed discussion.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1773579&highlight=china&page=2

3. neodude237 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info! I ended up preordering the T-Mobile version and have someone that will be able to bring it over for me. HK is unfortunately not an option and 3G will work on Unicom (working on my 5S now), and I'm only here for a few more months.