Shipping issue that no one thought of?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zmulleni, Oct 7, 2011.

1. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

Monday October 10, 2011 is Columbus Day and is observed by the USPS which is mimicked by UPS and FedEx (to the best of my knowledge) With all the craziness do you think this was accounted for? Wonder if we will see any delays?

2. Virance macrumors regular

It's far enough out where it's not relevant. They ship overnight if they have to.

3. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

It'll be OK.

Verizon Usually over nights products. (Hopefully they'll overnight it Wednesday;) )

4. rkahl macrumors 65816

5. Nahmeanz macrumors regular

6. zmulleni thread starter macrumors regular

zmulleni

Ok cool, it just got me thinking of all the peope that would be livid if they got their phone on Monday as opposed to Friday. not too big a deal for me but definately can't speak for everyone!

7. rkahl macrumors 65816

Don't worry about it. Apple and Fedex have been working together for a while now. They know their dates. Sit back and relax, you will have it next friday for sure.

8. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

best post

9. dojoman macrumors 65816

The phone is coming out on 14th. What does Columbus day has to do with it? Apple usually ships overnight on Thursday, you get your phone Friday.

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Don't fret, it's a virtual overnight internally.

Worst case is one day late, but I doubt that'll be an issue with the lower demand iPhone 4S (assuming you were in the first order group).