Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCaleb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
USA
So is it true that if I get 1 or 2 day shipping on my iMac it will be made in the USA?

Has anyone got the fastest shipping and its still from china?

Shawnstra

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2008
Singapore
All Apple products at this point are made in China. Why you're getting 1-2 day shipping times is simply because they get a huge stock of iMacs and send it over to the US and dispatch it from there to have faster delivery times. Only sometimes, like with the iPhone 4 or when new products come out, where supply cannot cope with demand, then you get a direct ship from China to your doorstep.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Nope, your iMac was still made in China and was part of a huge shipment of "stock" Apple products (no fancy customizations). It is currently sitting in a warehouse someplace in the US.

frega

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
Is the shipment by air or by water? DHL hasnt updated my tracking thingy for 2 days now.

nobias

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Many people, myself included, have received iMacs shipped from the USA.

Some custom built systems even say "Assembled in the USA"

My 27" i7 2.93 16gb ram 2tb+ssd was that way

Would be interesting to see if the stock systems (not CTO) are made in china.

rgp19699

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
Right now all 27" inch imacs are being assembled in the USA. It has to do with the screen size; there is some sort of problem with such a large screen size coming from China.

Sound vague? It is, because I don't really understand it. However, I was told this verbatim on Friday by an Apple manager, who called me to straighten out a problem with an order I had placed earlier that day.

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
Right now all 27" inch imacs are being assembled in the USA. It has to do with the screen size; there is some sort of problem with such a large screen size coming from China.

Sound vague? It is, because I don't really understand it. However, I was told this verbatim on Friday by an Apple manager, who called me to straighten out a problem with an order I had placed earlier that day.

My 27 shipped from china and wasn't assembled in the us.

frega

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010

Mine is on the way from Shanghai, China.

*fingers crossed, no bad screen*

Jakelshark

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
Memphis, TN
It seems more like the i7's are coming from Cali as opposed to China

If someone wants to really start up this research here's my info:
Shipped from Union City, CA. 27" iMac i7, 4gb ram, 1tb WD hdd, numeric keyboard, no screen issues, QC serial, built and shipped on 8-6

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.