Shipping MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rmafive, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Rmafive macrumors 6502

Hey guys,
    I just ordered a new baseline mbp, with an upgraded hard drive. I did not pay any extra for shipping, and I was wondering if you knew how long it will take to arrive! :D By the way I live in Virginia.

2. strikeinsilence macrumors 6502

5 days maybe? Remember that it's coming from China. There are other threads on this that can probably help you figure it out.

3. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Are you kidding me? Do you think maybe APPLE would be the place to ask when it will arrive as to asking a Rumors forum?

4. Rmafive thread starter macrumors 6502

Come on man! There are a lot of other people who have asked the same question on here. Instead of giving a negative comment, why don't you try to answer my question! If you don't know the answer don't comment or give useless advice, instead just move along to the next post. :mad:

5. talbalos macrumors newbie

I ordered a BTO Macbook Pro (2.8 GHz CPU and a smaller 250 GB 7200RPM drive) on Tuesday afternoon after the announcement and paid the $10 for 2-3 Day shipping to Sunnyvale, CA. The unit shipped from Shanghai that afternoon (Shanghai local). Tracking the package on the FedEx website on Wednesday, delivery was scheduled for a window of Monday through Friday of next week. Thursday delivery was scheduled for Monday the 20th. This morning when I woke up I checked its progress and it was already on a truck for delivery.

It showed up before 10:30AM this morning.

Oct 17, 2008
    10:24 AM Delivered SUNNYVALE, CA
    7:34 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery SUNNYVALE, CA
    7:24 AM At local FedEx facility SUNNYVALE, CA
    5:55 AM Departed FedEx location OAKLAND, CA

Oct 16, 2008
    9:46 PM Arrived at FedEx location OAKLAND, CA
    5:35 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
    12:43 PM Int'l shipment release
    12:01 PM Arrived at FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
    3:17 PM In transit SHANGHAI CN

Oct 15, 2008
    4:05 PM Left FedEx origin facility SHANGHAI CN
    3:56 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN
    10:06 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

Remember: This was a BTO MBP with 2-3 Day shipping.

6. !eon macrumors newbie

I ordered mine on the 15th too, so far the status is still "Not yet shipped."
    Called and was told that demand is too high, and my Macbook Pro is shipping from China, there will be a tracking number once it's shipped out. The delivery date should between the 21st and 27th, guess I have to wait patiently.;)

7. talbalos macrumors newbie

Hah! I was a bit impatient when I thought it wouldn't arrive until next week.

Thursday I went to the nearest Apple Store to fondle one of the new models. I was only there for twenty minutes because there was a crowd of people waiting their turn. I checked what I wanted and left.

Came back to find a $35 parking ticket for parking in a Permit Only space.:eek: