Shipping Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Woodcrest64, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

My wife ordered a new 17" macbook pro from Apple. It left Apple on March 5th and beside that it says "Receive it: March 09, 2011" on my apple shipping notice email.

I'm wondering how accurate the receive it date is as her package has gone from china, to japan to the united states but has not arrived in Canada yet where I live. Last time I checked it said Ontario California U.S. as of March 8th, yesterday at 9pm.

Its shipping via UPS.

Thanks, in advance.

2. ender land macrumors 6502a

well without knowing where you live in canada this could be right on or completely inaccurate.

if it shipped ups you should be able to check "estimated delivery" with the tracking number. I've never had those be too incorrect.

3. Woodcrest64 thread starter macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

I'm in British Columbia, Victoria

4. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Mine came a day early from the expected arrival date.

5. Woodcrest64 thread starter macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

I called UPS and they said its in Customs right now. Should it not be in Canada at Customs and not Ontario California?

6. djp2 macrumors member

I'm in Canada too (Vancouver). Are you sure ON, CA doesn't mean Ontario, Canada? Or does it actually say "Ontario, USA"?

Mine just departed Anchorage...can anyone give me an estimate of how long it takes after leaving Anchorage to arrive in Vancouver? No estimate from UPS showing up..

7. nitsura macrumors newbie

I live in Ontario, Canada and mine also came in a day earlier than the expected delivery day from UPS. You should be receiving it by tomorrow latest.

8. skier777 macrumors 6502

Despite living in a fully automated and instant world, there are times when the tracking info lags behind. I wouldn't worry, when it has to go that far, unexpected delays often happen.
    Enjoy the new computer.

9. Woodcrest64 thread starter macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

it says USA, california ontario. It was in alaska before that.

10. djp2 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Mine just arrived in Ontario, CA too. So I guess the question now is where it will go next, or if they'll send it straight to BC from there.

11. falcor87 macrumors newbie

This is interesting, I am in Canada and my macbook pro came from Canada and stayed here during shipment. Came from Concord, On (just north of toronto) and being shipped to london, On.

Ordered on Mar 6th, shipped the 7th and arrived the 9th (read: almost did, see my other thread lol) which is exactly the first day of their predicted shipping range when I ordered.

Is it common that apple will send their shipments to multiple foreign countries along the way? I think the furthest I have seen is a package coming from the states, but just over the nearest border.

12. djp2 macrumors member

It's pretty common for Apple to ship directly from their factories in China, especially with newer products or built-to-order Macs (mine is a base 13", but with a 500GB hard drive). I sure wish it was shipping from within Canada (or even the States) as I'm sure I'd have it by now.

13. scoober macrumors newbie

To the OP,

I think my 15" MBP is on the same shipment as your wife's. I'm in Vancouver, BC. Ordered mine on Mar.4 and it's gone from Shanghai, China > Osaka Japan > Anchorage Alaska > Ontario California, where it was on Mar.8 and the last update I have from UPS. Target delivery is Mar.10. Hoping it's on time!

14. djp2 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Mine is still sitting in Ontario, California. Anyone else seeing movement? Anybody know what the next step is from there?

15. scoober macrumors newbie

Mine is now in Richmond BC after spending 2 days in Ontario CA and a few hours in Seattle.

16. djp2 macrumors member

Congrats, I guess that means you'll be getting it sometime today.

17. scoober macrumors newbie

I hope so but the expected delivery date is still Mar.11.

How long has yours been in Ontario CA? I assume it must be on it's way to Richmond.

18. djp2 macrumors member

It arrived in Ontario last night around 9:30 pm, so I assume it will probably be stuck there all day today, and maybe fly out to Richmond on Friday? Does that sound about right?

I guess once they get to Richmond they have to go through Canadian customs too, so maybe that's why yours is still saying the 11th. But you're gonna have it for the weekend!

19. scoober macrumors newbie

Delivered

Mine just arrived, one day earlier than the 'expected delivery date'.

Djp2, hopefully yours will be shipped from Ontario CA on Friday, if not sooner, and get to you on Monday. I've attached a screenprint of the travel route and times to help you in setting expectations on your shipment.

Attached Files:

• ups.JPG
      ups.JPG
      File size:
      99.6 KB
      Views:
  20. djp2 macrumors member

Thanks, that's awesome! Looks like
    I have a slight chance of getting it tomorrow, but probably Monday at the latest.

Congrats on your shipment, enjoy your new MacBook pro!

21. SideStepSociety macrumors 6502

SideStepSociety

Pardon my selfishness, but, this little snafu in Japan is probably going to cause some delays for my new MBP, isn't it?

The last item on my UPS tracking was "Export Scan" in Shanghai, China at 9:00 PM on March 11th.

Best wishes to those living in Japan, and generally I'm a pretty patient person, however, I grow very weary of this Dell mini 10v and it's inability to do... well, anything really.

22. djp2 macrumors member

My MBP that originally shipped March 7th got lost somewhere in Richmond (about 2 km from my home). After waiting the requisite 3 business days past the UPS due date, Apple began a Shipping Inquiry and notified me in about 24 hours that a replacement would be shipped (also from Shanghai, like the first). This replacement shipment finally flew out of China on Monday and is now in Ontario, CA, where I expect it to spend about 24 hours...which means there's a decent chance that this replacement will be overdue as well (Apple/UPS had given an arrival date of no later than Wednesday, March 23rd, the day after tomorrow).

Apple has been fairly sympathetic about my frustrating experience. The guy I talked to about the Shipping Inquiry on the first lost/stolen parcel offered to send me a free AirPort Express, which I was glad to accept! It's now currently also en route.

I can honestly say I'll probably never order online again, and certainly not if the shipping is being done through UPS.

23. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Watch UPS find the lost shipment and deliver it to you. Then you'll have 2 MBPs.

24. djp2 macrumors member

Ha, I wish!