Shipping Safety ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AJ/Apple, Jun 15, 2011.

1. AJ/Apple macrumors newbie

Hi guys

i have finally decided to order my MBP 15" online from the apple store , but my main fear right now is how the shipping packaging will be ??

i mean beside the original MBP package , is there any other package surrounding it ??

and will it make a diiference if i chose 2 days shipping in regard to the packaging , i thought for the extra money it will be packaged more safely ??

i am afraid that somthing might happen to it in the shipping process !!

if anyone of you guys have any experince please share what you know.

becuase ill be paying around 2500$ { upgraded 15" } and i dont want to recieve it damaged or broken .

thank you

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

They are all shipped the same from China. What are you worried about? Of course Apple ships them in the proper packaging. If it is damaged during shipping, it's on Apple not you.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If something happens to it in shipping, I believe that the shipping company has to pay for its replacement. Either way, you will get your computer, like the millions of others that apple has shipped.

4. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Regular shipping is fine. It comes in 2-3 days anyway. Also, as was posted before - Apple knows how to ship a laptop.

5. AJ/Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys for all the replies

and i know that apple knows how to ship laptops

but i was looking for more information about the way the laptop is packaged for shipping and if the extra shipping charges make a difference in the way it is packaged

thank you

6. daynel macrumors member

I got mine yesterday, and its literally the MBP box inside a bigger box, and 4 triangular bumpers on the corners to keep it in the center.

Apple ships like this.

The way i got my first gen iPod touch 4 years ago: iPod touch box in a bigger box, between 2 pieces of crumpled paper

7. AJ/Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much
    this is exactly what i wanted to hear to be sure
    :D

8. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

The only worry I had with shipping was that UPS left it right by my door for couple of hours for my 17in MBP 2011.
    I wasn't home that day still couple hours later so I'm just glad it didn't get stolen. But this is UPS's problem for not making me get a signature. Not Apples.

9. SylentSnipe macrumors newbie

SylentSnipe

I got mine shipped to my parents in Texas then to here in Iraq. Works great. Should not worry about a think really, If mine can survive Air Mobility Command then it can survive anything.