Shipping, student discount and maybe a few other questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lause, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Lause macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I think it's great to see all you guys helping newcomers like myself. Thanks a lot for that!!

Now to my questions. First off, I'm from Denmark and I'm coming to San Diego to study for one semester. I want to buy a MBP 15" (low end) and was worried about the shipping time. I have a laptop at home, but I'm thinking about giving it to my girlfriend as I dont need 2 laptops in SD. But how long would you guys recon it would take to get it delivered? I just need the Hi-Res AG screen - all the other things are "normal". I can't be with out a computer for 1 month during school :D

Also - What info do you need to register in order to get the student discount? Student ID-card or e-mail or what? And can you combine the iPod and printer rebates at the same time?

I think that was it for now - Again thanks a million for helping out!

2. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

It's awesome...welcome to Macrumors!

This FAQ page on Apple's site seems pretty useful. Take a look there.

3. Lause thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that link ;)

I'm really a bit worried about the delivery, as I'm not going to have a laptop with me. I suppose you can't have it shipped to a "generic address" like a mac store or anything? Problem is I dont know when I'll get a place to stay :(

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I don't think Apple with ship a CTO build to any of their stores. Probably because it might get lost in the shuffle.

You might want to wait until you have a fixed mailing address. You mentioned being in school -- any chance you can have it sent to the office of your department/faculty? Check with staff there first. If it's a small discipline with a limited number of students, they tend to be flexible on things like this.

5. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Why not just buy it in San Diego? There are two Apple Stores in San Diego.

6. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Is Apple selling MBPs with hi-res displays in the brick and mortar stores? The OP states that this is what is needed. I thought those kinds of CTO options were only available online.