Shipping time for upgraded MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Khabbi, May 1, 2014.

1. Khabbi macrumors member

I've been waiting for the MBA update, so I jumped on a new 11" MBA early Tuesday morning and added 8GB or Ram and the 1.7Ghz options and can't wait to get my new MBA!

The ship time stated from Apple was 2-4 days, and I'm creeping up on my 4th day and no shipping confirmation yet. Just wondering what you guys are seeing for shipping times?

I guess custom configured MBA's always take longer to ship than the stock configuration?

2. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Enjoy your MBA ... However you do realise that the configuration you chose means your machine is no different to the one you would have got before the new model announcements....

3. yosemit macrumors regular

That's true. :)

But there is a $100 discount.

4. Khabbi thread starter macrumors member

Yep, I'm good with it, have no other choice. Have been waiting to see what Apple was going to do and lingering on purchasing a used one for the past month.

The extra $100 is nice!

So has anyone had a customized MBA ship yet?

5. walkthruwalls macrumors member

walkthruwalls

I believe you can track your order, right? It should be near your location by now.

6. Khabbi thread starter macrumors member

My order is "still processing" from apple.. I can still make changes, cancel, etc., so it hasn't even shipped yet.. hence my question as to whether this is what everyone else is experiencing.

7. CobbFC09 macrumors newbie

Mine said it would be available to ship in 2-4 business days and I ordered Tuesday night as well.

8. walkthruwalls macrumors member

walkthruwalls

Ordered the Max'd-Out 11" a couple hours ago. Mine says "Processing. Available to ship 1-3 business days. Delivers sometime between May 12 and 15." Then again, my location is different from yours. I suggest to just keep checking the status. If you're too concerned, they have a 1-800 hotline :D

9. GooberMan macrumors member

I ordered an 11" MacBook Air on the 23rd of April. A week later on the 30th it was still processing.

I'm kind of glad though, because I ended up changing my mind and getting a 13" Retina Pro instead. Ultimately I thought I'd be kicking myself for not getting a better and bigger (and yes, more expensive :() screen.