Shipping times accurate?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by VintageMac, Jun 1, 2007.

1. VintageMac macrumors member

I just ordered a refurb black Macbook through the Apple Store. Now I see I should have looked closer at the shipping times.... My order says shipping between June 8 and 12 and ETA of June 12 to 18. This is for standard shipping. We are hoping to take this along on vacation, leaving June 15.

What are other's experienced with these projected dates?

Btw, I ordered the Extreme Base Station from Amazon - no sales tax and current Customer Appreciation 5% discount on computer products.

Vintage

2. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

Apple uses couriers such as FedEx or UPS and they generally give you the worst case scenario as an estimate — that way they can claim very high success rates of deliveries on schedule.

If it says 12th to 18th, it's more probably closer to the 12th

3. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

I was wondering the same thing

I cancelled my order on MacConnections, decided to go with the refurb white, because my wife likes white. I am getting a toshiba 120GB to replace my 80gb and making that an external for less than before. So no biggie being .16 slower and a 6 x DL superdrive. Even the 2$ n upgrade is not that big of a deal. There is no wireless where I am at anyways.

4. VintageMac thread starter macrumors member

I heard the full amount was already charged to my credit card. So I called Apple and was told the label was on the box and it should go out within 24 hours-- and that is four hours after having ordered! Sure beats June 8-12 as is listed on the order.

Vintage

5. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

6. VintageMac thread starter macrumors member

Just got my shipping notice! 8 hours after ordering, so to answer my original question-- their projected times are waaaaay conservative. It will liklely arrive here in PA the day before the first possible day it was projected to ship.

Vintage