Shipping times for 2nd (or 3rd) wave orders

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spgiva, Mar 12, 2011.

1. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

So, I was hoping to get an iPad yesterday in store, but I was working till after 5pm. By the time I was able to get to an apple store, they were sold out (called the 2 stores in Jersey, the philly store and the ardmore PA store, nothin')

So rather then racking my brains to disraction calling stores every hour to find out when new shipments are coming in, I decided to channel my inner zen master and just order online, it will be here when it gets here, and I will move on with my life.:)

But I thought I would give folks a place to post shippng estimates who did not order in the first 2 hours of availability.

As of right now:
    Mar 12, 2011 at 06:46 AM PST - Order number #####
    Not yet shipped
    Product
    IPAD WI-FI 3G 64GB WHITE - PRSN-USA
    Engraved
    Ships: Apr 4
    Delivers: Apr 11

If it changes I will let you know. :rolleyes:
    -spg

2. nasty devil macrumors member

Here's mine:

Mar 11, 2011 at 11:12 AM PST - Order number XXXXXXXX
    Not yet shipped
    Product Qty. 1
    IPAD WI-FI 16GB BLACK - PRSN-USA
    Engraved
    Ships: Apr 1
    Delivers: Apr 6

IPAD SMART COVER GREEN-USA
    Ships: 3 - 5 business days
    Delivers: Mar 17 - Mar 23

IPAD 2 DOCK-ZML Qty. 2
    Delivers: Apr 7

IPAD WI-FI 3G 16GB WHITE-USA
    IPAD SMART COVER BLUE-USA
    Ships: Mar 25
    Delivers: Mar 30

Too bad I didn't order when shipping was within 3-5 days :(
    Hopefully it ships sooner, but I don't think so.

3. angpan macrumors newbie

Just ordered

IPAD WI-FI 3G 64GB BLACK-USA
    $829.00
    $829.00
    Ships: Apr 4
    Delivers Apr 7 by Standard Shipping
    Part Number: MC775LL/A

4. navanod macrumors member

Considering the fact that I ordered march 11th @ 12:41am and it is in not yet shipped status isn't a good indication.
    I ordered a 64gb white AT&T 3G
    I did manage to pick up a Verizon version at the store, but plan on selling it as soon as the AT&T version ships. I have to keep my original unlimited data plan from my original IPad;)

5. IrishTiger macrumors regular

I ordered the same one online at about 4am EST. Mine still not yet shipped. I imagine it would change on Monday. It won't let me change my engraving, so it seems to have completed something.

6. joecatz macrumors member

Just ordered

32G black wifi

Ships April 11th
    Arrives April 14th.

NOTE: Front page shows 2-3 weeks shipping, but once you select the model it switched to 3-4 weeks. I would bet that by monday its at least 4-6 weeks for all of them.

7. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

sold out everywhere around me. stopped by a verizon store and they said they weren't keeping any in stock at all but were shipping directly to customers instead so I ordered a 64gb black one right there. Manager said it'd be at my office "by tuesday at the latest" though the sales guy said tuesday-wednesday. my invisible shield/bag/new headphones haven't come in yet anyway so I can wait.

I'm just glad to have it ordered and not feel awkward about spending so much on tech (i've never bought a computer or anything like that before. I've always had hand me downs, or work laptops or things like that.)

only annoying thing is I can't track it online. but they have my number in case there's any delays. apparently at&t is quoting similar times so I believe the manager.

8. DeLoMan macrumors regular

Ordered mine last night (actually cancelled my order for the white after seeing unboxing photos and went for the black version).

Order Date: Mar 11, 2011 at 05:10 PM PST
    IPAD WI-FI 3G 64GB BLACK-USA
    MC775LL/A
    $829.00
    $829.00

9. ldobson macrumors regular

Tried to get a 16GB White iPad yesterday in Columbia, MD however the line was cut off 10 people in front of me after queuing for two hours and 500 people behind me! Walmart and Target are only getting 5 units a day, and all Apple Stores are sold out as is Best Buy.

Just ordered online:

Mar 12, 2011 at 02:11 PM PST
    Not yet shipped
    Product Qty.
    IPAD WI-FI 3G 16GB WHITE-USA
    Ships: Apr 11
    Delivers: Apr 14

10. spgiva thread starter macrumors regular

spgiva

So a few hours after placing my order I re-thought the white, called and changed my order to a black iPad (kept all other specs the same) which actually moved up my shipment estimate by a few days. It is now expected to ship on April 4th, and land at my door on April 7th instead of the 11th. Oddly the red case will not land until the 14th

11. spgiva thread starter macrumors regular

spgiva

So my red smart cover was shipped and landed this past monday. My engraved 64GB Black AT&T iPad switched to prepared for shipment overnight. I am very excited

(Both items were ordered on March 12th at roughtly 6:45am PST)

-spg

12. gg1965 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the update...it is nice to see that an order placed late in the day on the 12th has been prepared for shipment. Looking forward to soon hearing that from people ordered on the 13th are getting prepared for shipment.

I ordered on the 15th and it has been torture watching as the days go by and still we almost exclusively see people that ordered on the 11th posting that theirs have shipped. Bring on the orders from the 13th....