Shipping times

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WarpSpawn, Nov 9, 2011.

1. WarpSpawn macrumors member

Quick question on account of me being too damned impatient. Where do they normally ship from if you order a non-BTO MBP that shows as in stock? Does it still come from China directly (as did an iPad2 I think, when they were shipping them as fast as they could make them) or a more local distribution centre?

Not that it really matters that much. It will get here when it gets here I suppose.

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

All of my macs ordered from apple.com have come from China directly (even my 2009 "standard" 13" MBP).

3. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

Both my macs have come from California. Macbook was a refurb and iMac was a brand new BTO.

4. WarpSpawn thread starter macrumors member

I'm UK so wondered if there was any chance it would come from somewhere in Europe, seeing as they probably do have stock of them more locally than China.

If they ship from the far east, I guess I may just have a day or two longer to wait. Not the end of the world. Just wanna get my hands on my shiny new first Mac ever asap.

5. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

In your case, I would guess, it will ship from somewhere over there. As I said mine came from California but I'm in North America. If you go into the tracking though it should say where your mac is and where its coming from.

6. WarpSpawn thread starter macrumors member

Well, looks like I needn't have worried. It came today, evidently from somewhere in the UK or europe. Typing this on it now. :D

7. lc25 macrumors 6502

I'm UK and all of my iMacs have come from the states

8. WarpSpawn thread starter macrumors member

Well I have no idea how it works. But I was pleasantly surprised at the shipping time. The processing and preparing to ship stages seemed to go on forever (though in reality they of course did not :roll eyes: ) but once it was underway, it did not take long at all.

I'll tell you what though, this thing seems huge next to my Windows netbook. Did not realise that a 13" screen would be such a good size. Although the res could be a bit better, it does not feel like making do with the smaller one as I feared it might. Also finding out that the backlit keyboard is more than just a gimmick, since we are sitting in relative darkness after my little boy caused a minor flood and forced us to kill the lights. :mad: