Shipping to other address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simgar988, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

If my billing address is set for mymhome but I'm living inna different city for college. Is there a way I can have it shipped to where I am living now?

Isnit best to do this trough AT&T or apple?

2. JTSmeed macrumors member

Also interested in this answer

I'd like to find out if this is possible too. I'll be in a different state visiting family until mid-July and would prefer to not have to wait in line. I'm wondering if I can reserve for pickup in the local AT&T store since there is not a local Apple store. Tried to get through the pre-order process on both apple's and ATT's sites to see if I could ship to a different address, but no luck in getting through.

3. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

i currently have a 32gb iphone 4 in my shopping cart but i NEED to be able to ship mine to another state...this really sucks.

i'm waiting right now to see if Apple Chat people can help. I've read of a few people editing the shipping info AFTER they get the confirmation email, but who knows if that will mess up anything or if apple will just deny that change come shipping time...ugh.

4. Nennilj macrumors newbie

I just ordered mine thru AT&T's website, after 2 hours of trying and no luck at Apple.com and was able to have mine delivered to my work place.

5. Legends20036 macrumors member

When I placed my actual order with Apple it said I had to ship it to the AT&T account address but once I had the order placed I just went back into my Apple account and changed the shipping address for the order to my office.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

mines ordered, i hope apple lets me change my shipping from my att billing to my real shipping in a couple hours

7. ndpitch macrumors 6502

I also just updated my shipping address on my order on apple's website. hopefully that doesn't screw everything up. I can see the following scenario...

"We're sorry. Your order is on back-order for the following reason(s):

Shipping address does not match billing address

If you haven't updated your shipping address already, an Apple representative will be contacting you soon to assist in the matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you."

8. ndpitch macrumors 6502

I updated the address on Apple's website after pre-ordering, and I got an email saying the update to my order has been received. Never got an email about the actual pre-order being received though...

9. mysticbluebmw macrumors regular

++1

10. scottuf macrumors 6502

did the same - changed ship to on apple order status page, and got conf email.