Shipping to store. Tracking #?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by super tomtendo, Jan 6, 2014.

1. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I'm shipping my iMac to the store and it initially said "processing" and available Jan 10. Now it says "Shipping to store" and available Jan 13.

A. If you ship to store, do you get a tracking #?
    B. Why did it change my available date?

2. Bear macrumors G3

From the 10th to the 13th is a 1 business day change. As for a tracking number, you won't get one because it's being shipped as part of a larger shipment to the store.

3. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I noticed the order status change from processing to shipping to store either Friday or Saturday. Does it really take 5-6 business days to get to the store...? Seems rather long. Chances I get it earlier?

4. Bear macrumors G3

It depends on where it was shipping from. And there's always a chance that a shipment could arrive early. You should be notified by email when its ready for pickup at the store.

5. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I'm in the same boat. Mine says available January 9 but I'm hoping it arrives a little bit early. :)

6. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Just to follow up, my iMac had an arrival date of January 9 to the store. I got the pickup notice yesterday afternoon (January 8th) so it came in a day early.

7. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

When did you order? I'm still waiting for my email to pick up, ordered on 12/30.. Estero, FL.

8. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I ordered on 12/30.

9. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Did you upgrade anything? Also, what time did they email you

10. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Yes. Upgraded to Fusion drive, the processor and video card (still need to install the memory).

They e-mailed me around 5pm. The store was open until 9 so I had plenty of time.

11. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

And you're in TX. I'm in FL, Gulf Coast... Not that it would probably matter, but it comes west to east, from china... so maybe *rolls eyes*, it'll come today with same notification. I too am open until 9 PM.

12. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Lame... still no store pickup notice email. Crazy that its taken 5 business days to travel to the store... either I'm unlucky or my local store is lazy on scan ins... I should of just delivered it to my house.

13. xsasha92x macrumors newbie

xsasha92x

So does this mean that Apple doesn't do store pickup on Saturday's?

14. Bear macrumors G3

You can pick up your order on a Saturday if that's what you're asking. It's just very unlikely to be delivered to a store on Saturday.

15. xsasha92x macrumors newbie

xsasha92x

I was actually hoping it would ship to the store tomorrow since I haven't gotten a notification today yet and it's almost 3pm. Luckily, I just put in a new SSD in my MBP to keep my occupied

16. Bear macrumors G3

It's possible the store hasn't scanned it in yet. Unlikely, but possible. What day did Apple say to expect delivery?

17. super tomtendo thread starter macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

Just to follow up. At 11:30 AM I received my Apple Store Pick-UP Notification. Ordered on 12/30, with Fusion Upgrade. Typing on it now.

18. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I also ordered a machine to be delivered to the store. The Apple online order verification says "shipping to store" with a delivery date 1 week 2 days from today. I really hope it doesn't truly take that long to arrive.