Shipping - Weekends?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ryan.stewie, Mar 21, 2009.

1. ryan.stewie macrumors regular

ryan.stewie

I ordered a refurb iMac that said shipping in 24hrs 2 days ago and it still says that its status is "Not Yet Shipped", its not even prepared for shipping, does Apple work on the weekend or is there something up with my order?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The time is estimated, so it's not 100% sure. Refurbs are different because they are not always available.

People don't work at weekends without extra pay and Apple doesn't pay extra.

That doesn't help you if they ship it because the carrier works only at businness days. If you want, call 'em and ask for overnight/super fast delivery but usually they charge for that

3. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

Like HellHammer said, even if Apple's shipping did work weekends, it wouldn't much matter, as Fedex does not.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Very few shippers will do anything on the weekends without excessive charges.

5. bigbird macrumors 6502

If you ordered a new Mac that was manufactured in China, that's a different story. They do work and ship weekends there. As for the US, it's Monday-Friday only.

6. shinchan72 macrumors member

Amazon Prime - well worth the money

I've ordered many an item on Sat early afternoon and had it all delivered for 3.99 on Monday - free for Tuesday delivery

UPS runs full scale on Saturdays for large shippers

7. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

Yep, some of the stuff I just ordered from Amazon (via my Prime account) shipped not only yesterday (Saturday), but some of it shipped out today (Sunday!).

I ordered a refurb iMac yesterday (Saturday), and it shipped the same day. It was the 2.8GHz 24" model for $1199.