Shipping - what box?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aprofetto, Mar 22, 2009.

1. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Hey guys,

When I ordered my iMac last year it was shipped inside of a brown box, just big enough to fit the white iMac box. It was a 20" iMac purchased around March 2008.

Lately I've been seeing alot of iMacs being shipped with only their white box to protect it.

I'm wondering why it came to me last year in enclosed in a seperate brown box, could it be because I live in Canada, and to cross customs it needed a brown box or something?

I love the white box, I don't want it to get all dirty being shipped. I have a new iMac on the way, and I'm nervous it's going to arrive in a dirty blackened white box. :eek:

Any ideas?

2. nusynergy macrumors regular

Im sorry but does it really matter?

Its a box.... Its only gonna to ether be thrown out or stored in the loft for years collecting dust until you sell the mac or move house!

3. dborja macrumors 6502a

I ordered a clearance 24" from an authorized vendor and the white box was inside a brown box. The labeling on the brown box appears to be from Apple so maybe it will be the same with you. Like nusynergy, I'm ok if the white box is not put in a brown box for shipping. My only concern is that everybody along the way knows what's in the package...

4. aprofetto thread starter macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

Actually, I am often going between 2 houses, maybe every month or so, and I use the original box to transport my iMac, its the easiest way. So thats why I wanted to know what condition the box would come in.

But hey, thanks for the ignorant answer, glad theres always one in the crowd.

5. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I live in the US and my mini came in a brown box.

6. Sebby macrumors 6502a

I'm in the UK. My 24" iMac's box was inside another brown box, like you mention in your first post. :)