Shipping with Mountain Lion from Apple online store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jason2811, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone ordered a MacBook Air from the Apple Online Store in the past few days? Did it ship with Mountain Lion or Lion? Thanks!

2. bradPiano macrumors member

My 13" BTO Macbook Air, purchased on 7/29 from apple.com, shipped with Mountain Lion pre-installed.

3. twintin macrumors 6502

Ordered my BTO at 4:th of august from Apple online store and it also shipped with ML.

4. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

5. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Fyi, purchased a base 13" from Best Buy last night. It had Lion. Did a fresh install of ML right way. No biggie.

6. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

Just curious how you will position the MBA, RMBP and iMac into your workflow?

7. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

Good question. MBA is for my daughter who is starting high school. iMac is mostly used by my other kids, but this is where I store my massive library of photos and music. rMBP is for ME ONLY lol. I am now gathering all my external drives, reformatting them, and configuring time machine backups, leaving the best one for me to connect to the Airport Extreme for my rMBP to come. So I basically took the MyBook Studio 2TB from the iMac so I can use it for my rMBP. Might not make any sense to you but I am just sooooo excited!

8. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

I've done a linksys + usb hdd combo before and found data loss/corruption when transferring a lot of files so be careful.

It makes sense to me. I currently run a 2TB firewire connected to the TBD whenever I need to dock it to gather data.