Shipping?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bunnyfir, Oct 14, 2014.

1. bunnyfir, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014

bunnyfir macrumors newbie

Hello!

I'm selling a very old, completely water damaged Macbook Pro 15" on ebay. Someone just bought it, but he lives in Brazil. Even though shipping is going to be a hassle, he's my best offer yet ($315), and I really want to calculate his shipping costs and complete the transaction so I can finally get rid of this computer. However, I have a few questions:

What is the best and cheapest way to ship this? USPS, or should I do someone like UPS/Fed-Ex? I don't have a scale, and I'm not sure how much a 2011 15" MBP weighs (no charger, just the laptop)?

What is the best way to package it? It's already broken, so I'm not concerned about making sure it's super super super protected, but I don't want it to get damaged further.

Do I buy insurance? Is it included? How can I make sure it gets there safely and I don't get into a dispute with the customer?

Thanks! Sorry for any stupid questions.

2. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Ebay offers an international shipping service where you pack it up and send it to a location in the US and they handle getting it to the international destination. I haven't used it because I find international sales a pain.

3. styymy macrumors member

Dhl

DHL is still around for international, give them a look as well.