Shipping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JesLam07, Dec 20, 2007.

1. JesLam07 macrumors regular

JesLam07

Ok, So I ordered a MacBook Pro from Apple in The Store on Monday December 17th 2007.

These are the specs and such:

2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
    250GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
    SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    MacBook Pro 15-inch Widescreen Display
    Apple USB Modem
    Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
    Accessory Kit

It said it shipped Yesterday which was Wednesday December 19th 2007. It shipped out of China yesterday at about 2:27pm. The FedEx tracker thing is driving me nuts because all I want is a rough estimate and all is says that it left Shanghai, China.

I live about an hour or so away from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Now my question for all of you is…About how long is it going to take for my MacBook Pro to get from there to here? All I need is a rough estimate so I know when I need to be home to sign for it.

I’m so also waiting on software that I ordered, but I got that through my school online bookstore. It would just be really nice if they both came today so I don’t have to sit at home today and tomorrow.

This is my first Mac so I’m kind of impatient too. Also, I realize that Shanghai, China is in a different time zone, but I’m not really sure how I would calculate that.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    And Thanks in Advance!

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

It depends on how fast the ship is.... Bear in mind that your computer is being sent via surface transit, so it takes a while - which is why Apple only provide an 'estimated' delivery date.

The tracking data will be updated as soon as the ship docks and your computer is offloaded.

Not much help, I know, but I do feel your pain - went through the same thing a few months back for my MBP.

3. JesLam07 thread starter macrumors regular

JesLam07

Ok, Now it says this...

Estimated delivery: December 24, 2007 by 4:30 PM

But, I find it hard to believe that I ordered on Monday and it's not coming until the following Monday.

People who ordered after me (I think until the 19 or so) were suppsoed to get their stuff by Christmas Eve, so why am I not getting mine until the 24th?

I guess it's that whole Business Days thing.

I really hope it comes before the 24th.

I'm not good at waiting.

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Everything I ever ordered from Apple came on the day they said it would, not earlier.

5. JesLam07 thread starter macrumors regular

JesLam07

Thanks for trying to help!

I guess I'll just assume it's coming Monday, even though that makes no sense to me.

6. GregE macrumors 6502

When I ordered my iMac a couple of weeks ago, I got the shipping notice on a Sunday (which would have been Monday in China). I tracked it and was given a delivery of that Thursday. On Tuesday evening I tracked it and it was in Anchorage AL. On Wednesday morning I tracked it and it was out for delivery. :D

Because your ship date was Tuesday, I would expect the weekend to get in your way and you to get it on Monday. I hope you are surprised on Friday though. Keep tracking it in the mornings and you will probably know when it is on the delivery truck.

7. JesLam07 thread starter macrumors regular

JesLam07

Thanks for the helpful info! I really hope it comes tomorrow too, but I'm not going to push my luck. Monday is Christmas eve, so it would make a nice pre Christmas Surprise, but I have a doctor's appointment on Monday morning, so hoping it comes tomorrow. I guess I'll just have to be patient. I've waited this long...so what's a little longer.

8. ivnj macrumors 65816

Unless you asked for signed delivery they probably will just leave it at the door.

ivnj

9. JesLam07 thread starter macrumors regular

JesLam07

I just tracked it and it's in Johnstown so it should be here really soon. I'm here so if I need to sign anything I'll just do it.

I'm just glad it's coming today, I wouldn't have been able to sleep all weekend.

Yay! I Got a MacBook Pro!!! :D

10. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

If you go to FedEx's website you can download the tag to sign to have the Mac left if your not sure you will be home.

11. je1ani macrumors 6502

jesus christ I swear 90% of this forum is about shipping dates... "OMG IT LEFT FROM CHINA! NEW POST!"

12. JesLam07 thread starter macrumors regular

JesLam07

I was wondering more about length more than I was shipping dates. I just didn't think it was going to take over a week for me to get it, but apparently it does. The Apple site says 2-3 days for shipping and that threw me off because that's def wrong. Yeah, my laptop was in Johnstown yesterday (24 mins away from my house) and then it was on the truck to be delivered, but about six hours later it was off the truck and back in the FedEx Facility.

It's Been in Johnstown since Yesterday morning and I doubt they deliver on Saturdays so it's not coming until Monday now.

I just didn't think it would take this long.

13. ivnj macrumors 65816

Why did they put it back on the truck. And maybe you can go there in person and pick it up.

ivnj

14. JesLam07 thread starter macrumors regular

JesLam07

It's all good. I got it around lunch time. The guy had it on his truck yesterday, but he could't work past his hours so he delivered it as soon as he could today. He was such a nice guy too. He felt bad that I didn't get it yesterday, but I survived without it...Barely.

15. ivnj macrumors 65816

16. crazydrumma macrumors regular

Hey, congrats on the new Macbook Pro purchase! I just ordered the new blackbook, and I'm in the anxious waiting stage as well. Enjoy your new beautiful machine! Go :apple:

17. JesLam07 thread starter macrumors regular

JesLam07

It's working just fine. I Love It! I can't wait to use it at school. I already installed Photoshop CS3 on it and it's amazing. the only thing that's given me some issues was safari today, but i think it's really my internet and not Safari.

I love reminding my one friend that my hard drive is at least 3 times bigger than his and he is paying more for his PC. It's a a thinkpad with an 80gb hard drive. so pathetic. he had to get it though his school though, it's required. They pay $1,000 in tuition for their computer. at the end they can purchase it to keep for $500. So in the end they pay $4,500 for a crappy PC.

Thanks! Make sure you enjoy yours too when it does get there. Waiting is the worst part, but it all pays off in the end. :D