Shipping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aranince, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Aranince macrumors 65816

Okay, I just placed my order for my new 15" MBP upgraded with 4Gb of ram and the 7200 RPM drive, along with a printer and MobileMe. I bought all of this through the ADC Student system(I'm planning on being a CS major for software engineering anyway). How long before it starts shipping? Living in California, I don't think the shipping will take very long at all...just waiting for it to finally ship.

2. singaporesling macrumors newbie

Pretty much same boat man. I just bought my 2.4 w/ 4gb of ram tonight with the ADC discount(thank god for that, otherwise I wouldn't be buying it). They gave me a window of October 21-27... such a big window! I've been using a 8.9 inch netbook running linux to take notes in classes and what not since August 25th in anticipation of the update.

3. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

Yup..I have the same delivery window. I've been seeing people's notebooks start shipping the next day...but I don't know if that's with the upgraded specs and probably not through the ADC store.

4. hohohong macrumors 6502

Just ordered too,

Oct 21-27th Delivery date,....

Order 2.8Ghz with 320GB @ 7200rpm.....

Do they use Fedex and ship from China?

Being waiting for redesign since Dec 2006,..... LOL

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

i got the same thing as you and i live in cali too, i chose 2-3 day shipping, i wanted 1 day but they didnt have that option

6. jasonrm macrumors member

jasonrm

I ordered the same config, plus two mini-DisplayPort adaptors, as soon as the store came up (11:20 PDT), and mine just within the past 15 mins went from "Not yet shipped" to "Prepared for Shipment". Mine still shows Oct 20-24 as delivery dates, but I'm still praying for friday! Like you I've waited a long time, so what is a few more days? Honestly, waiting months wasn't as bad as having to wait just a few days, lol.

I've heard stories (here in the forums) of people calling Apple and asking for expedited shipping, but i don't know if it really will make much difference, as I've also seen reports that people in the past would order the slowest shipping and it still ended up being next day. It's possible they just didn't offer next day only because they knew that they couldn't really ship and arrive "next day" if you ordered on the 14th.

7. hohohong macrumors 6502

I think if they use Fedex and ship from China,.... Fedex only offer priority,... which is their fastest method,... normally in 2 days,...doesn't matter if it's 1 or 3-5 days shipping,...

8. Nik macrumors 6502

Over here in Germany November 3rd is the approx. delivery date. :(

9. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I'm in Germany too, I ordered it yesterday, shipping in 7 days, estimated delivery 29-30 Oct

10. x5315 macrumors newbie

I'm from the UK, it says
    This was purchased using the educational discount through my university.

11. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

I ordered mine pretty late last night and haven't gotten an email yet, I presume because it hasn't shipped yet. Hoping Apple does something today, moving it prepared, or even ship it would make me happy :)

12. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I ordered a stock 2.4 MBP around 9pm Eastern yesterday which shipped out last night (Morning, China time). I suspect I'll have it Monday at the latest. When I ordered I was given a 3-5 day processing time and delivery between the 21st and 27th. So, at least in my case, Apple's estimates are off a bit.

13. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay, I just received two emails, one saying I need to fax my student information and one saying that they acknowledge my order. I faxed my student info yesterday after I activated my ADC membership. So I called them and they told me to wait a bit longer because it takes 48 hours for them to process the student info. So, hopefully there are no issues and it will ship soon!

14. Coldwater macrumors member

Huzzah for that ADC discount. I was able to afford the whole nine yards (minus the SSD which I don't even count as an upgrade, I need that space!) thanks to it.

15. mjerald macrumors newbie

I ordered the MBP 15 2.4 with 4gb, so it's CTO coming from China.

I placed order right after the keynote on 14th. Said 3-5 Days. Estimated 20-24 delivery date. I got the email this A.M. shipped the 16th like 4:30 Shanghai Time. Due in Florida by the 20th.

MJ

16. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

So it has been 48 hours since I faxed my student verification and it is still pending. Should I call Apple and ask whats up? Say something like: I purchased and activated my ADC student membership on Wednesday. After activating it, I faxed my student verification information. It has been 48 hours, and my status is still pending.

17. jasonrm macrumors member

jasonrm

It might just be an ADC student thing, because I've bought a number of things before on the regular student side and never had such a delay. Even the MBP that I ordered on Tuesday didn't need verfication when I ordered on the Federal Employee side. Guessing that because the discount is a lot more they really do have to check, but just don't have the resources to handle the surge that has likely resulted with this release.

[just fyi, i'm both a student and federal employee, so no cheating here]

18. NikolasMason macrumors member

I preordered mine Wednesday night and it was prepared for shipment within a few minutes and shipped the next morning. Now, however, it still hasn't left Shanghai due to a flight cancellation.

19. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok, contacted Apple, they didn't receive the fax so they told me to email it to them. My ADC Student Membership is now verified. Now I just have to wait for my store order to get synced with my membership so they can ship it. I'll probably get it late next week :(

I guess waiting is the best part?

20. Aranince thread starter macrumors 65816

Okay...sorry for double post, maybe this will help someone in the future.

Apple called me back to let me know they activated my order for me. So now I'm just waiting for them to ship it. I love Apple customer support, they actually speak fluent English instead of spanglish

21. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

So you posted this YESTEDAY at 1:06 PM.

Today at 1:51 P.M. , 24 hours, plus 45 minutes, later you post this saying it has been 48 hours. It this that new math that I have been hearing about :)