Shipping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Telp, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a customized shipping so that it arrives not the 19th, but maybe the 20th? Or, if not that, if there is no one there to sign for it, is it sent back to the nearest UPS or FEDEX base? Thanks!

-Telp

2. mikey28 macrumors 6502

Yes, when they try to deliver on the 19th, they will leave you a note. Usually they will attempt to re-deliver the next day.

3. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

You can pick it up Friday evening at the local Fedex location, or maybe even on Saturday if they are open. The next time they will attempt delivery would be Monday.

4. Love macrumors 68000

Love

Apple has a form on their website somewhere that allows the package to be left in a specified location (mailbox, etc)

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Call the carrier and tell them you'll pick it up. They'll hold it for you, and you can get it at your convenience.

6. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Actually, they stopped giving this form, but it was very helpful. :(

7. gottafly macrumors regular

so when ordered from AT&T, is it shipped on the 19th or is it received on the 19th??

8. iGary Guest

iGary

Both Apple and AT&T are shipping for the units to arrive on the 19th.

9. gottafly macrumors regular

sorry for the silly follow up question....what about the standard vs. $15 next day shipping? either one will get there on the 19th??

10. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68030

I have a letter with FedEx waiving the signature requirement.

11. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

Yep, Apple's free shipping offer ships it to arrive on the 19th.

12. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

As others have posted you can either call the carrier and tell them you will pick it up. I have only done this after they have attempted delivery and just called them with the tracking number, but you can probably do it once it is shipped.

Just be sure to bring identification when you go and pick it up.

Or you can do the pre-sign thing but not sure if you want it sitting on your porch, etc. all day.

I chose standard it it says delivers on the 19th, so I'm assuming/hoping/dammit it better be delivered on the 19th.

13. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

So the general consensus is that if it comes and I happen not to be there, it will go back to the base unless I call them and waive the signing. Otherwise, I should call them and tell them. The only thing I would love to know now is, is FEDEX / UPS (fedex right?) open on Saturday or Sunday? It should Atleast be open Saturday...right?

14. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Good post. I had the same question. I was actually thinking about taking that day off from work. I live in a condo and don't trust my neighbors to have them leave it at my front door and I'm afraid I won't get it on the 19th if I'm not home to sign for it. I guess I'm stressing over this a little too much. lol. I just might call fed-ex and have them hold it for me and I'll leave work early to get it. :)

15. dave006 macrumors 68020

This Apple page provides the details on your four (4) options for the "Signature on Delivery" Issue:

http://store.apple.com/us/help/shipping_delivery?mco=MTE2MjY

If you ordered from Apple.com, just login to check your order once you get the shipment notification and you will see a link:

Tracking #: 753601416xxx (Pre-sign for this shipment)

Just select the Pre-sign link and follow the directions.

Dave

16. Telp thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Thanks for that. I would have driven myself crazy looking for that option =].

17. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

So, let me get this straight.

I can call FedEx and ask them to hold my package not even attempting to deliver once?

18. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I heard a couple of months ago that Apple took the presigning off. But thanks! I am going to do it :)

19. efyou macrumors regular

you can but i think you need the tracking number (because that's how fedex locates packages) and you need to call with that number before they roll out that day. who knows when we get a tracking number?