Ships by Aug 13 -- is this set in stone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 4ndr3w, Jul 24, 2010.

1. 4ndr3w macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2007
    Hey guys, broke down and ordered a black 32GB iPhone 4 after waiting too long for a white iPhone. My order says it will ship Aug 13 and be at my house Aug 18. Is this set in stone, or is there some chance I get it shipped early?

2. Maimoon Abdul macrumors newbie

Maimoon Abdul

Jul 22, 2009
    Atlanta, Georgia
    It looks like most people who have already received their phone say it didn't take the whole 3 weeks, but for some it did. I guess it's a matter of luck since they(Apple) don't seem to be shipping out consistently. The shipping companies could be to blame as well. I think they're doing a good job considering the volume of phones they're trying to get out. I ordered mine on July 18th, so I'm also bearing the wait! Hang in there! :D
  3. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Mar 16, 2008
    Most likely it will ship early, but it may not be by much. I ordered a 32GB and it was supposed to ship on July 27th and arrive on the 30th (which was actually more than 3 weeks from the day I ordered it) but it wound up shipping on the 21st and set to arrive on the 27th.
  4. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

Mar 13, 2010
    We ordered ours from the local corporate AT&T store on Friday night July 16, and received it on Thursday, July 22. I think a lot of it has to do with where you are at, but AT&T has been saying 7-10 business days for receipt. I think because Apple is handling things world wide, it is taking longer to ship.