"ships in 24 hours"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lfshammu, Aug 1, 2011.

1. lfshammu macrumors member

I ordered a macbook pro refurb last friday, and the apple site said it would ship in 24 hours. fed ex is still saying that they have received the shipping info but it hasn't been moved anywhere yet according to them. any one else have experiences with how accurate fed ex's tracking is? could I expect the mbp to arrive a day early?

Thanks

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

3. lfshammu thread starter macrumors member

Not really answering my question.

4. Icy1007 macrumors 65816

Icy1007

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

No, you will not receive it early. Fedex will actually make sure it doesn't arrive early.

5. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

FedEx tracking is normally extremely accurate.

6. lfshammu thread starter macrumors member

I find it hard to believe that fedex would hold a package instead of giving their customer a pleasant surprise. Companies like to do that to gain a good rep and in turn create repeat customers.

7. Pracht macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Perhaps FedEx (I work for FedEx in IT) isn't allowed to make those calls with such a large client as apple.

They do that kind of thing for companies like Zappos, who explicitly asks (and pays the difference) to surprise their customers.

8. ABadSanta macrumors regular

Don't expect it to come a day early. Don't expect FedEx to necessarily update on a weekend. Have you checked today?

Please be patient. I know it's hard because you're anxious to get your new computer, but it will come.

9. ABadSanta macrumors regular

I don't think they're holding it- FedEx is a good, privately-owned company, but they're not going to be able to get packages to arrive early for everybody, or many, for that matter. I'm sure your computer is already on its way.

10. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

11. randomrazr macrumors 65816

ew refurb?

anywways my macbook shiped from china on saturday and should get it tomorrow tuesday!! :D

12. davmcn macrumors regular

When I bought my brand new Macbook Pro a while ago now, they used UPS for the first round, and it took over a week to ship to me . My replacement was sent with Fed Ex, and arrived two days later, and was a day early.

13. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

I guess it's different all over. the UPS for me usually comes early because it is shipped close by but that always happens with amazon for me.. not apple.

14. randomrazr macrumors 65816

what was wrongwith ur original macbook?

15. lfshammu thread starter macrumors member

Really? I saved 350 bucks and this is my second mb that is refurb. My first one was absolutely perfect.
    Thanks for all the responses, they took awhile to update it but its on its way now. Can't wait:D:D:D

16. BenLeong macrumors member

For all of you saying "don't expect FedEx to deliver it early," I experienced the opposite.

I ordered mine July 24th, and FedEx's expected delivery date was August 3rd.

Then it arrived July 27th.

And this was for a custom-build.

17. fred88 macrumors newbie

someone "pooped" in it.

18. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

FedEx doesn't necessarily deliberately hold it - they just put others with a higher priority as they sort and move packages. They're trying to fill planes to max weight and minimize the use of a/c unnecessarily.

On the customer surprise side is companies pay extra for faster service - if FedEx or UPS started delivering packages faster than advertised companies would start buying cheaper shipping while expecting faster service than advertised; as would those getting the package. This ultimately would result in less money and less satisfaction.

19. randomrazr macrumors 65816

funny

20. lfshammu thread starter macrumors member

randomrazr, have you had any bad experiences with refurb mbp's?