"SHIPS TODAY" = big fat lie.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zahque, Jun 11, 2012.

1. zahque macrumors member

so, we went from "ships today" to "getting to my house somewhere between June 23 and June 27th."

it wouldn't bother me so much if the keynote didn't dedicate an entire slide to the word TODAY ten times the size of God.

what gives? this seems like blatantly false advertisement.

2. Marrakas macrumors 6502

Marrakas

Store just changed from 5-7 business days to 7-10.
    Guess it turned out more popular than they expected.

3. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I completely agree with you. Phil shouldn't have made such a big deal about it if he could not deliver.

4. zahque thread starter macrumors member

and PS - you think they would have anticipated the demand. the fact that it went from "ships today" to "5-7 days" to "7-10 days" in just under a few hours is also irking.

5. sevimli macrumors 6502a

In fact, I was keep refreshing the apple store website, when it became online Retina MBP was showing up the 5-7 days shipping option only, while other MBPs were showing "ships today" or "in stock".

I talked to CSR and got the "due the high demand..." story. :mad:

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Seems like most stores are saying they will have them in stock tomorrow so sounds like they did ship today.

7. bbnj62 macrumors newbie

8. zahque thread starter macrumors member

re-diculous. like they couldn't imagine there would be this kind of demand.

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

So some shipped today and the rest will have to wait. Big deal. What did you think would happen, they have an unlimited supply?

10. zahque thread starter macrumors member

1) no one is reporting that their order shipped today. 5-7 days has been the earliest reported shipping time so far.

2) no, i don't expect that they would have an unlimited supply. i do expect, however, that they would have some reasonable estimate regarding the number of launch day orders they would receive, and that "ships today" would not become "ships in a month" in a matter of hours.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's your own fault for not ordering immediately when it said ships "24 hours" :p

12. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm hoping that they will be in stores later this week

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

While I don't disagree with you, Apple is notorious for wildly optimistic claims.

The best way to avoid disappointment is to remember, like other large corporations, trusting Apple is questionable :)

There's a very wise saying: "buyer beware". This is especially true when it comes to Apple.

14. JS3 macrumors regular

Probably does ship today from china thats why it will take so long. They are all on a freighter crossing the pacific.:rolleyes:

15. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but mine shipped yesterday.

If you read more posts here on Macrumors you'll find others had their units ship yesterday as well.

So, Apple wasn't giving a big fat lie after all.

16. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

They did ship today you just weren't quick enough. Also its good business not to saturate the market with your goods. If they dont sell then you have stock laying around costing you money. If you fulfill orders as they come in you have no surplus, thus saving you money. I do agree they could produce a few more before they launch though but pent up demand equals more prolonged interest in the product. ;)