ships with leopard??!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jer446, Nov 24, 2007.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

I just bought a new iMac, under the impression it would be installed with leopard. Today i got it, and i notice it is tiger, with a leopard dvd in the box. Now i know that they did this in the beginning, but it thought if i bought a computer by now it would have leopard installed. If the site says ships with leopard, shouldn't it come with leopard preinstalled, where i do not have to do anything? Do you think if i call apple they will do anything for me?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its less effort to install Leopard than to have Apple do something...it would cost so much financially and environmentally to reprint boxes with Leopard pics, spin HD's etc. to install Leopard on so many Macs...

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Do you have a copy of Leopard along with the Machine Restore DVD?

If you do, then it shipped with leopard.

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Did you buy it direct from Apple or another retailer?

5. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i bought it from apple.. i know it is not hard, but on the website it said ships with leopard, which to me, means with it installed since there is no mention of tiger being installed.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Apple is running late on the Restore DVD, likely they were working on fixing the freeze issue on the iMac first, and getting a lot of the bugs fixed.

Bugs of which there are still many.

For quite a few people, the option of running a stable Tiger is likely still a very good thing.

7. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Hmm...That is odd. I'm assuming it is because the iMac's hardware hasn't been updated since the release of Leopard and they haven't sold out their Tiger stock yet because my friends MacBook came with Leopard.

8. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

WHere did this nugget of info come from? Tiger Install disk shipped with machines for up to 6 weeks after it was released. This is quite normal. I dont know how they are running late. You have to reemember there were tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of computers in various channels when Leopord was released. These computers would still be sold today even. So when Leopard came out it was dropped into all the machines with in stores, warehouses and the warehouses that sip to those warehouses and so on. Remember this was close to holiday season so the amount of stock running through such channels would be high.

What would you want Apple to do for you? They sent you exactly what they said they would send you. Hell they sent you more. You got 2 OSs. You afraid of 5 minutes of work from you and 45 minutes of waiting?

Kevin :apple: