SHOCKING, Apple Admits

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wirelessmacuser, Jul 7, 2010.

1. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

2. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Ok I will try to turn yet another dumb useless thread into a usefull one.

Noob question and I'm looking for some help please.

I just got a replacement iPhone from apple. I backed up my other one last night. When I plug it into the computer do I just hit sync to restore everything? I'm worried that I will sync my blank iPhone to the computer and will lose everything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

3. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

You should be given an option to restore from a backup.

4. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

This has been discussed in other threads and no need to reinforce that Jesus Diaz is an idiot.

We all know he is an idiot.

The fact that he called Applecare to confirm something that Apple released a press release to say, does not say much for his investigative abilities. That he tried to create a story out of confirming a press release is even worse. That some monkeys out here are actual rehashing and spreading the story of a wanna-be journalist confirming a press release.. well it is just sad.

Let us recap again. Apple never said there was a problem with reception on the iPhone 4. Apple said they were implementing a software fix to better display the bars that represent the available signal so people have better information about this.

Jesus Diaz, being the idiot he is calls Applecare and asks them if this software update will fix reception issues. Which is a weird question given Apple just said there are no reception issues, and they said exactly what the software update would do.

So basically he called up Applecare and annoyed them for no reason and then published a "story" about it on his kindergarten blog.

Kudos to him and for Gizmodo for their standard of consistently sucking.

Let me reiterate this again, because clearly many people like the OP did not read the press release or not understand it.

Apple did not say there is a reception problem. Apple did not say their software update would fix the reception problem which they do not even say exists.

Apple said that themselves. They published in a press release. No need for any third parties to call applecare and verify this like they were breaking a story. JESUS H DIAZ!

5. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Awesome! Thank you! :D

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I stopped reading after the first few sentences, when it became apparent the blogger was pretty much making up his own stuff that Apple said in their latest response to the issue (nothing to do with stating the design was wrong, unless I read something wrong).

7. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

WTF was I supposed to read there? :confused:

Besides lots of "...." "..." "......" between incoherent ramblings. :eek:

I gave up. :rolleyes:

8. wovel macrumors 68000

Wow, Computerworld has fallen a lot further than I thought. Was that blog post written by a junior high school student?

The article does not quote the Apple press release, it just makes up absurd statements and attributes them to the press release. Shocking indeed.

9. wirelessmacuser thread starter macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Just relaying how this is _currently_ playing out on the web. Computerworld broke this particular story just 3 hours ago.*

http://news.google.com/news/i/more?pz=1&cf=all&ncl=dXGltXhbNHkM5OM8PoHKFDZgT8mtM

Tired of reading about it ?

Think of your fellow Apple iPhone users who are having to _ live_ with it!

http://news.google.com/news/i/more?pz=1&cf=all&ncl=dXGltXhbNHkM5OM8PoHKFDZgT8mtM

Apple confirms stupid design of iPhone 4 antenna (and cheese pull)*
    Computerworld (blog) - 3 hours ago
    It's the issue that won't go away. Now Apple has effectively confirmed a design flaw in the iPhone 4 antenna. ...

10. diabolic macrumors 68000

All I see are a bunch of anti-Apple bloggers running with their own agenda.

The issue really isn't blowing up for Apple.

How it "plays out on the web" will be far less important than the number of people who actually return the phone permanently.