Shockwave error

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Grizzly Adams, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Grizzly Adams macrumors member

May 20, 2008
    Last night my gf was playing some game online, she was finished so I closed my MBA and set it down without closing the game window. When I opened it, I had my first kernel panic, though I haven't had any since. I shutdown and restarted, and now I am having problems loading any shockwave flash games. They will look to fully load but after that an error message pops up that shockwave cannot continue. I have tried a few uninstalls and re-installs of shockwave, but nothing has helped. hopin you guys might have some insight.
  2. Grizzly Adams thread starter macrumors member

May 20, 2008
    and to add to that, now I don't have any volume control. it's on perma-mute and i can't adjust it from the audio system preferences, volume keys, or from the menu bar as there is no speaker icon. I really don't want to have to do a clean install. I don't have my system disks or superdrive, as I am still at the GF's house but I think I am gonna have to go home and get them if I can't remedy things by myself soon.
  3. Grizzly Adams thread starter macrumors member

May 20, 2008
    wow, surprised no one has any advice. I think I am just gonna try a clean instal tomorrow when I get home. I didn't imagine I would have this many problems with my MBA.
  4. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

Jan 17, 2008

never experienced this. I havent even had a kernel panic although I have handful of issues...
  5. aussieinrome macrumors regular

Apr 5, 2008
    Rome, Italy.
    I could never even get Shockwave to work, I love a game called "Tank Ball", but it just doesn't work. :confused: