Shonky accelerometer madness!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SBruv, Nov 14, 2008.

1. SBruv macrumors 6502

Hi all,

I've just received my third replacement iPod Touch. The reason I've been taking them back is because all four (this latest one included) have had dodgy accelerometers!

Basically, the accelerometer skews off to the right constantly, so driving games see you piling off to the right when the Touch is held straight or laid flat, A Free Level reports a 40 degree tilt to the right when laid flat, etc. Now, I'm thinking that four in a row can't be a coincidence, and wondering if all recent Touches have this issue, and that I should therefore just live with it and accept that much of my gaming will need to be done with the Touch held at a slight angle when I want to drive/fly/shoot in a straight line. :-/

Could anyone/everyone let me know if they've got the same issue, please? Best free apps to test with are A Free Level and Blue Skies Lite, where, when you start the game, the helicopter will go to the right in such a way that if the map was unboundaried, it would fly round in a big circle.

Four in a row with the exact same thing! Honestly, FOUR!!!

SB

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Shonky?
    SHONKY?
    Did he play for the Giants?

3. cakbar macrumors regular

This may sound insane, but worth a shot. Are you living in a house/apt/room with a sloping floor? I live in an old apartment that has a room with a badly sloping floor. After a while, you don't notice the slope and forget it is there, but the iPod Touch remembers. :D

4. semin28 macrumors regular

my acmeter stoped working once but it came back weird.

5. SBruv thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi,

No, my accelerometer is equally off no matter where I try it, so it's not a sloping floor. :)

SB

6. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

Mine and my wifes are perfect (checked with a machinists level).