Shoot me now...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ayeying, Feb 29, 2008.

1. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

cause I'm thinking of getting another laptop... again. lol. I just recently purchased a MacBook Air too (i'm still within my return time tooo).. and now I'm thinking of selling that and my desktop and getting a MacBook Pro (2.4 refurbished.. since i need the l2 cache, don't ask) and I got a 250GB/4GB spare available so ya..

That would pretty much combine my desktop and laptop into one. I dunno, I don't feel like carrying around a 5 lb laptop again but it would combine everything into one, making it simplified. My desktop specs are actually not that far off from a MBP (some areas lower then the MBP, such as clock speed & hdd)

any "help"? lol

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

what do you need help with? you pretty much summed it up your self

3. saltyzoo macrumors 65816

saltyzoo

If the MBP is too heavy for you perhaps you should look into an electric wheelchair? :p

Seriously, it's a very capable machine, and more than portable enough.

4. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

Um.. either keep me from buying a new one and stick with the two machines or i dunno.. shoot me? lol

True, comparing to my old Dell 8600 that I used to carry around everywhere.. it is pretty powerful and portable

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

6. ibookman321 macrumors member

you could donate the air to charity :D (aka me!) well i prefer the macbook white 2.4ghz cpu but i dont have one :( i dont have a mac :(:(:(:(:(:( but if you like the pro go pro!!!! (man i rime a lot!) i dont like the pro cuz it have a HUGE screen and the speaker grid is ugly!!!!!! but if you want it go for it!!!!

PS: i am serius about that macbook air... pm me if ur interested... you probably wont tho :(:(

7. ibookman321 macrumors member

bang!!!!!! bang!!!!!!!!!!!!! bang!!!!!!!!!! BANG!!!!!!!!!!:p:D

8. aditghai macrumors regular

aditghai

This is the magic of Steve Jobs and Apple. They've messed up each and every one of us so bad that we want every god damm product they produce even if we dont need it.

A lot of people(like me) buy Macbook Pro's even though they dont need it. Why:-God Damm look at how shiny and sexy the thing is.

9. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Somebody has problems...

10. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

you told us not to ask, but I feel that unless you say what you're using these machines for, there is not way to give an opinion on which is best suited to you.

you say you need an extra 1mb of L2 cache for myster reason. If you need it so badly, there should be no choice and you go straight for the 2.5...

11. aditghai macrumors regular

aditghai

You bet. An ACD(Apple Compulsive Disorder)
    :)