Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
cause I'm thinking of getting another laptop... again. lol. I just recently purchased a MacBook Air too (i'm still within my return time tooo).. and now I'm thinking of selling that and my desktop and getting a MacBook Pro (2.4 refurbished.. since i need the l2 cache, don't ask) and I got a 250GB/4GB spare available so ya..

That would pretty much combine my desktop and laptop into one. I dunno, I don't feel like carrying around a 5 lb laptop again but it would combine everything into one, making it simplified. My desktop specs are actually not that far off from a MBP (some areas lower then the MBP, such as clock speed & hdd)

any "help"? lol

saltyzoo

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2007
cause I'm thinking of getting another laptop... again. lol. I just recently purchased a MacBook Air too (i'm still within my return time tooo).. and now I'm thinking of selling that and my desktop and getting a MacBook Pro (2.4 refurbished.. since i need the l2 cache, don't ask) and I got a 250GB/4GB spare available so ya..

That would pretty much combine my desktop and laptop into one. I dunno, I don't feel like carrying around a 5 lb laptop again but it would combine everything into one, making it simplified. My desktop specs are actually not that far off from a MBP (some areas lower then the MBP, such as clock speed & hdd)

any "help"? lol

If the MBP is too heavy for you perhaps you should look into an electric wheelchair? :p

Seriously, it's a very capable machine, and more than portable enough.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Silver-Fox said:
what do you need help with? you pretty much summed it up your self

Um.. either keep me from buying a new one and stick with the two machines or i dunno.. shoot me? lol

saltyzoo said:
Seriously, it's a very capable machine, and more than portable enough.

True, comparing to my old Dell 8600 that I used to carry around everywhere.. it is pretty powerful and portable

ibookman321

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2007
you could donate the air to charity :D (aka me!) well i prefer the macbook white 2.4ghz cpu but i dont have one :( i dont have a mac :(:(:(:(:(:( but if you like the pro go pro!!!! (man i rime a lot!) i dont like the pro cuz it have a HUGE screen and the speaker grid is ugly!!!!!! but if you want it go for it!!!!

PS: i am serius about that macbook air... pm me if ur interested... you probably wont tho :(:(

aditghai

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2007
This is the magic of Steve Jobs and Apple. They've messed up each and every one of us so bad that we want every god damm product they produce even if we dont need it.

A lot of people(like me) buy Macbook Pro's even though they dont need it. Why:-God Damm look at how shiny and sexy the thing is.

melchior

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2002
you told us not to ask, but I feel that unless you say what you're using these machines for, there is not way to give an opinion on which is best suited to you.

you say you need an extra 1mb of L2 cache for myster reason. If you need it so badly, there should be no choice and you go straight for the 2.5...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.