Shoot, Where to Get Pentalobe Screwdriver?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by theturtle, Apr 10, 2011.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

To my dismay, my replacement iphone has the pentalobe screws. Im in kind of a rush so i want to avoid purchasing it online and going through the wait times. Is there local stores that sell the pentalobe screwdriver? Im not sure radio shack does. Does anyone know if a phillips 00 will work? I may have one around the house. The only thing im nervous about is that it might strip the screws.

2. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

and wait a month?

4. gto1988 macrumors newbie

As far as I know, Radio Shack does not carry them, we have one in the store for store use but that's it.

5. jasvncnt, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

jasvncnt macrumors 6502

I couldn't find a local place either so ordered off Amazon. Had it in like 2 days. Although i did pay for 2 day shipping. The total was $16 with the 2 day shipping. This is the one i ordered
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IU9EDM

6. larsulrik macrumors newbie

Hopefully this helps some people

My sister cracked her screen and ordered a new one from Ebay with the tools. Unluckily for me it had a phillips and flat-head but no pentalobe. I took a metal file and filed the width of the flat-head on both sides a little at a time and also took a little off the thickness. It now works wonderfully on the 2 pentalobe screws and actually works better on the phillips screws than the phillips screwdriver in the kit. Basically it's just a really small flat-head.

7. sincesystem7 macrumors newbie

Does the pentalobe driver come in more than one size?

Does anyone know if there is more than one size Pentalobe screw on any of the new Apple hardware?

8. sincesystem7 macrumors newbie

More than one size?

Does anyone know if there is more than one size Pentalobe screw on any of the new Apple hardware?

9. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Look for the Pentalobe Torx TS1. I made the mistake of going to Radio Shack...Everyone was so clueless there.

10. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Iphone uses 1ipr and Macbooks use larger 5ipr. On the Macbook they are used on the battery.

And no they are not sold locally.

11. Pentalobe macrumors newbie

If you are in Canada ...

In Canada, last I checked Home Depot, Rona, Canadian Tire didn't have it.

A friend helped me tracked a set at the Calgary physical store location of princessauto to buy this which is exactly what I need.

12. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

MacBooks have larger Pentalobes.

13. adam86 macrumors newbie

Pentalobe Screwdrivers

Hey, I'm not sure locally where you'd get them from but I was doing a search (hence how I found this topic :D) and found a repairing site that has quite the range in Pentalobe screwdrivers.

You should check them out here http://www.a4service.co.uk/product-category/pentalobe-screwdriver/

I've just ordered myself the 38 in 1 Premium Pentalobe Screwdriver Kit, seems to have everything I'll need to start making some extra bucks fixing friends phones! :)

14. ihonda macrumors 68000

my local microcenter carries them. check there in the apple department or small tools department