Shoot, Where to Get Pentalobe Screwdriver?

theturtle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
To my dismay, my replacement iphone has the pentalobe screws. Im in kind of a rush so i want to avoid purchasing it online and going through the wait times. Is there local stores that sell the pentalobe screwdriver? Im not sure radio shack does. Does anyone know if a phillips 00 will work? I may have one around the house. The only thing im nervous about is that it might strip the screws.

larsulrik

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
Hopefully this helps some people

My sister cracked her screen and ordered a new one from Ebay with the tools. Unluckily for me it had a phillips and flat-head but no pentalobe. I took a metal file and filed the width of the flat-head on both sides a little at a time and also took a little off the thickness. It now works wonderfully on the 2 pentalobe screws and actually works better on the phillips screws than the phillips screwdriver in the kit. Basically it's just a really small flat-head.

Comment

sincesystem7

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2010
Does the pentalobe driver come in more than one size?

Does anyone know if there is more than one size Pentalobe screw on any of the new Apple hardware?

Comment

sincesystem7

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2010
More than one size?

Does anyone know if there is more than one size Pentalobe screw on any of the new Apple hardware?

Comment

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
Look for the Pentalobe Torx TS1. I made the mistake of going to Radio Shack...Everyone was so clueless there.

Comment

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
Iphone uses 1ipr and Macbooks use larger 5ipr. On the Macbook they are used on the battery.

And no they are not sold locally.

Comment

adam86

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
Pentalobe Screwdrivers

Hey, I'm not sure locally where you'd get them from but I was doing a search (hence how I found this topic :D) and found a repairing site that has quite the range in Pentalobe screwdrivers.

You should check them out here http://www.a4service.co.uk/product-category/pentalobe-screwdriver/

I've just ordered myself the 38 in 1 Premium Pentalobe Screwdriver Kit, seems to have everything I'll need to start making some extra bucks fixing friends phones! :)

Comment

ihonda

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2009
my local microcenter carries them. check there in the apple department or small tools department

Reactions: 1100254352
Comment

thizisweird

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I know that my local Fry’s electronics has some stuff. Haven’t found any other place that carries something local to me (Phoenix, AZ)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.