Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muldul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
West Sussex, England, UK
The option to have a shopping basket to put songs in that i want to buy, and then pay for them at a later date (ie payday) has gone now as far as i can tell. Why would apple get rid of this option with iTunes 9! If i am just being moronic and they have simply moved it, please let me know; otherwise, i am quite annoyed

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
It's called the "Wish List" now. You can access it from inside the store. Everything that was in your cart is still there.

Jan1948

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
It's called the "Wish List" now. You can access it from inside the store. Everything that was in your cart is still there.

...but it's definitely NOT the same as the Shopping Basket, which was unambiguously there to allow the user to 'pause' before finally committing to a purchase. The 'Wish List' is not well explained, nor is it clear - until too late - that clicking 'Buy Now' means just that, with (according to the website) no chance to reconsider :mad:

There is a thread on the Apple Discussions site relating to this subject and many (myself included) have already made complaints to Apple, with the link to do so within the thread.

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
I don't understand what's ambiguous about it. If I find something in the store I want to buy eventually, but not now, I click the little down arrow next to the track or album and then add it to my wish list. I can then buy them when I'm ready from my list.

To me "Buy" means just that, it means when I click the button, I'm going to be purchasing it. Just as the "Buy Now" button worked in the last version of the store. I also have the store set so that I get a confirmation dialogue before I'm charged. No problems here with this system.

Jan1948

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
...Just as the "Buy Now" button worked in the last version of the store...

...but in previous versions of iTunes, 'Buy Now' used the preferences set by the user ('One Click' or 'Shopping Basket') and there has been little to explain the change with the new version when it appeared. Furthermore, it is not clear where to set the 'confirmation' message, as my partner's account doesn't show it and we can't see how to get it.

I would agree that the Wish List was a partial replacement if it had a button of equal size to that of the Buy Now button; it doesn't and it is hidden in a drop-down list, which sends me - and many others, apparently - a certain message about Apple's motives.

I am disappointed with the change; it seems it was - at best - a change for change's sake and - at worst - a deliberate attempt to make people buy a product before they might be ready to do so! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.