Shopping Cart for Dreamweaver CS4?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by KeriJane, Jan 28, 2010.

1. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

Hello.

I'm in the process of putting together a website for a (very) small business that wants a Shopping Cart system.

I've got a sample site under construction using Fireworks and Dreamweaver but am wondering about the Shopping Cart.
    The PayPal system is not acceptable to my friends.

So, I'm looking for a relatively easy Shopping Cart for the end user to manage. (mostly so I can stop doing it for them :eek:)

It has to work with Dreamweaver CS4 on a Mac.

I found eCart 5 by WebAssist.
    Does anyone have any experience with eCart? Or any other way to generate a Shopping Cart system other than the PayPal type ones?

Thanks for any advice,
    Keri

2. DaReal_Dionysus macrumors regular

DaReal_Dionysus

I have used ecart for years and i is a good product.

3. Kaliemon macrumors member

If you are fixed on a Dreamweaver cart, I second the vote for eCart. I have used it and personally think it is the best of the plug-ins.

I'm not sure what your deployment environment is or your integration requirement with existing data is, but existing systems like Magento (php) and Spree (Rails) are excellent too.

If you really feel like developing a custom ecommerce application and Rails is an option, then ActiveMerchant is the best.

4. KeriJane thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

Thanks for the advice.

I signed up for WebAssist's monthly subscription program, giving me access to all of their extensions. eCart and Universal Mail are the first two that should be very useful.

Site 1 has no existing data, so that's not a problem. Actually, it isn't even online yet!

Site 2 has an existing Access driven database, but it's way out of date. Like by over ten years!

Site 3 has, well, no formal database, just a zillion separate entries manually typed into PayPal.... Wow! that must've take weeks! :eek:

Have Fun,
    Keri