Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cslewis

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
40º27.8''N, 75º42.8''W
Even though I don't usually go shopping for clothes during the holiday season, I'm starting to notice that some of my clothing needs to be replaced pretty soon. When's the best time to buy new clothes for the most savings? Before Christmas with some 15% off coupons I have, or after Christmas with gift certificates that I asked for?

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
You could do both? You can find some good deals before Christmas, and good deals after. I'd maybe spread it out and see what you can get! I'd probably do the bulk of shopping after, usually the stores will try to offload their winter stock and start to bring in spring clothes, so there will be lots of sales.

MarkCollette

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Most people take advantage of Boxing Day/Week sales.

My advice depends on how fashionable you are. If you shop at Walmart or whatever, then it probably doesn't matter when you go. But if you want clothes that are made for different fashion years and seasons, then I'd recommend asking the sales clerks when they start dumping old stock in favor of new stock, and shop at that time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.