Shopping in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mostro900, Nov 25, 2007.

1. mostro900 macrumors member

Hi,
    I'll be visiting SF in early January(week before MacWorld dammit!) and was wondering where is a good place to buy some additional memory for a MBP and anything else Mac related ? Is Fry's good ?

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I like Fry's as far as being able to shop for "anything electronic." Their prices are decent too. I have had a inordinate number of "non-functional" items that I bought at Frys (thank goodness for their return policy). I would suggest testing out whatever you buy while still in the area; Don't wait until you get home.

Other than that, they may be a pain to get to from downtown SF. If you have a rental car then you're set, but otherwise it's quite a long way to go on public transit or in a cab. BTW, you'll have 3 or 4 stores to choose from in the bay area.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Are you going to be in SF or nearby? The closest Fry's is ~30 miles outside of the city.

Honestly, I can't think of a good brick and mortar place to shop for Mac stuff...I buy everything online these days.

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

There's also M.A.C. in Berkeley, right next to the downtown BART station.. Easy as pie to get to if you have access to BART (the subway-esque system in the Bay Area.)

I personally haven't shopped there, but seen it a million times. Looks decent enough, but not really that large.

5. mostro900 thread starter macrumors member

I'll be staying in Redwood City and have a hire car, so travel isn't a problem. I've shopped at Fry's before, but never for Apple gear, so wasn't sure if it was good for that or if there are some other places to check out.

I'd like to buy online if I could, but given I'm only there for a week, then I'd prefer to get 'hands-on' if I can.

ps. Thanks for the quick replies !