Shops which sell iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BlindSoul, Aug 25, 2010.

1. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Hey.

I'm from Israel, And my mom is probably going to America in about 3 Weeks, And she might be in New York City and Florida , Miami. And i want her to buy me an iPhone 4 and to bring it to here. But so far i know only shops like BestBuy , WalMart which sell the iPhone 4 with contract only. Does anyone can offer me of some shops which sell iPhone 4 without a contract? I don't mind if it's unlocked or not since anyways i will jailbreak it when a jailbreak will be available.

Thank you very much.

2. ikaveh macrumors regular

Well I know AT&T and Apple Store sell contract free (still locked) for 599 and 699 and I think best buy does that too. However i dont know whether any AT&T costumer id (which indicates you are a at&t costumor) is needed or not!

3. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh i see! Well if so i can ask my uncle who lives there to buy it and she would just bring it to here when she arrives.
    Thank you :) If anyone know anything else please let me know.

4. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

I had another question.
    If we go to AT&T / BestBuy and buy the iPhone 4 without a contract we'll get it right away or we might have to wait 3 weeks as it says on the Apple's site?

5. geerlingguy macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

You'll still have to wait, most likely. If you're really lucky (or persistent), you might find that someone didn't pick up an unreserved iPhone 4, and the store would be willing to sell it to you.

[Woah! Just realized I ranked up... 6502a :D]

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Get a JB and unlocked one on ebay or craigslist.
    You wont find stores with i4's in stock and if you do they might have 4.0.2 preinstalled and thus you wont be able to use it in your country as a phone.

7. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah i know and i really don't mind waiting for a jailbreak actually. I was only wondering if i might have to wait so if so i will just ask my uncle to buy it and to give it to my mom when she gets there.

And besides, iPhone 4 on eBay is like $900 And i have no clue why, Since an iPhone 4 without a contract is $600. >.>

So yeah :) Thank you so much guys.

8. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

the main reason is you cant get the 4 without a contract at this time. thats why the price is so high. supply and demand! but you do understand you cannot unlock the iPhone 4 if it has the 4.0.2 firmware to use in Israel dont you? you first have to jailbreak the device then you unlock it not just unlock it. so you might have it sitting on your desk for a while. but if you get lucky and find one that has the 4.0.1 software you can do that right away.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or try to get an officially unlocked iphone 4 sold thru either Canada or Mexico.
    With that you wont have to worry about firmware,JB and unlock hacks.
    But they are harder to find and obviously expensive.

10. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

So wait, I'm confused. Are you saying i cannot get the iPhone 4 without a contract now? Even if i wait 3 weeks like it says on Apple site?
    And i already know that without a jailbreak i can not unlock. I've been checking these things before even thinking of buying it. And i really don't mind waiting for iOS 4.1 And then to wait for a jailbreak and then to wait for an unlock, I got patience. Since, It's better than buying iPhone 3GS for less 100 USD...

11. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can, you might have to go in with someone that has AT&T to buy a full price no commitment iphone 4 for you.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

go to the AT&T store and buy it no commitment price and tell the person there you don't want to activate right now because you want to wait a couple of weeks to recuperate the cash you just spend on the phone or something like that and that you will activate it at home when you are ready.... They will want to activate it right there or ask you about the price w/ a contract that it would be cheaper, just tell them you don't like to be tied to 2 years of contracts in this bad economy or something like that.... I think an apple store would give you less fuzz over contracts and stuff if you can find one that has them in stock...

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, an Apple store would be alot easier to sell you one without a contract or witout beeing an AT&T customer.
    AT&T will try to sign you up or probably wont even sell you one.

15. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Can't help on the contract issues, but it's worth having someone in the States call around on availability when you're ready to buy. We walked into an Apple store this weekend in Denver and walked out with 2 - 32 GB phones half an hour later. They didn't have the 16 GB in stock, but had plenty of the larger model.

So they ARE in stock in some places.

16. BlindSoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh well , Whenever i will know if my mom gonna fly for sure i will tell my uncle and he might search for me already, Since he lives there for like 10 Years and i'm pretty sure he's in AT&T.

By the way, Do you know why they never start selling the White iPhones? What takes them so long?

Anyways, Thank you so much guys , You helped me a lot!