Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black.Infinity

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Apple tree-Toronto
Hello Everyone

After I upgraded my 4 GB stock ram to 8GB ram, there is a 1second blue screen at the end of lion start-up.

MBP early 2011 2.0 Quad

system information shows that rams are fine. I also ran memtest and passed the tests

I also filmed the start-up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7P8asT2rDk

these are the new ram i installed on MBP CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9
http://ncix.com/products/?sku=47186

Thanks for reading my post

Jamesesesesess

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2011
Actually, the blue screen is NOT normal. I had the same issue with my MacBook Pro (not really an issue but...). All I had to do was reset my PRAM and it solved the issue. If resetting your PRAM doesn't work, I don't really know what to suggest because that's what solved it for me.

Here's the instructions on resetting your PRAM from Apple:

Resetting PRAM and NVRAM

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.

Your computer's PRAM and the NVRAM are reset to the default values. The clock settings may be reset to a default date on some models.

taz79

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
I don't know when my Macbook start showing blue screen as well ... when I bought this Macbook early January, everything is fine ... I have tried reset PRAM and some other clean caches....nothing help ... it is a little bit annoying for MacOSX Lion to show something like this...if this is a Windows Laptop, I can understand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.