Short Film Idea's Needed.....

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by samtmansha, Nov 25, 2009.

1. samtmansha macrumors newbie

Hey Guyz i'm a film student and will be directing a movie as a part of my assesment. Any Ideas!! Cause I"m really stuck...I have though of some...the film has to be 7 minutes. If a film is made on the idea full credit will be given.

Thanks.

samtmansha

2. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

You seem to only be asking for ideas. All your threads are just about that.
    If you can't come up with ideas at all, why are you forcing yourself to be in this business?
    Try learning accounting or something else instead.

3. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Filmmaking is a creative process and anyone who desires to be a filmmaker shouldn't have problems coming up with ideas for narrative films. As an inspiring filmmaker, you should already have several. You're not going to get the answers you're looking for on a forum. It's like asking someone what to write a novel about.

What topics interest you? Look around in your environment. Ideas are everywhere. Everything has a story, no matter how dumb it may seem. Telling a story well is the hard part and that's a skill you partially hone through experience - and I would hope that's the reason you're going to film school: to learn craft, not what to tell a story about. No school can teach you what you're asking.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the film and television industry is calloused and cold - and even good filmmakers struggle to stay afloat here in LA. Lots of people want to be filmmakers and a large number of them want to be filmmakers for the wrong reasons. If you can't find stories to tell, you're not a storyteller. Plain and simple.

4. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Have a look at some of my videos which ideas have been created on things around us (on the tv etc...) so if it gives you some inspiration!