short little horror story

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by happle, Dec 5, 2011.

1. happle macrumors 6502a

so i sold my white unibody macbook listed in my signature for $650. excited to get my new macbook i got online and configured a 15" 2.4i7, 128gb ssd, AG screen MBP. i chose to pay with 2 cards, one is my no interested credit card and the other is my debit card.

so i attempt to order the macbook and fail multiple times. i spend hours on the phone with apple trying to get the order to go through...nothing. then i try the banks to see whats happening, they see no action at all and cannot help.

so the next day i check online and theres pending charges on each of my cards one for 1398 and the other for 1002. i call apple since i never got an order to process and none of the numb nuts customer service reps could even find an order with my existing cards.

then after another day of fighting with apple and calling bank (apple kept telling me to call my banks and my banks kept telling me to call apple...go figure)

so then i speak to a supervisor and got him to realize that multiple orders were attempted and charges were added to my cards. he had to call my banks and unauthorize the charges and i had to wait for the money to reappear to my banks..

finally today he called me back saying everything was in the clear and we ordered my machine. he also gave me free $18 guaranteed 2-3 day shipping for free...woopi lol

oh and on top of all that the guy i sold the macbook to is now complaining my battery is saying service battery, which it always stayed from 80-85% after two years of use. not sure if it had anything to do with the reinstall that i did before i sold it. but it still has a year of applecare so it should be covered for him.

now i just gotta play the waiting game. already have 8gb of crucial ram, an optibay, and a booq sleeve waiting for the MBP. 750gb scorpio black soon to come.

2. MJL macrumors 6502a

Depends how you've sold it but personally if you stated the machine is two years old then he should have realised that the battery potentially was on its last legs. Trouble with some of these batteries is that they measure OK and then you do a "reset" of the gauge and suddenly it tells you to replace the battery. (had that happen after 13 months - one month after warranty ran out) (or when you run them completely down - I had some that could be tricked into going faulty)

Depends on how your relationship with the buyer is if you are going to give him a contribution towards a new battery - most certainly I suggest you should not pay for a new one completely by yourself.