Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
So, I finally got my turn in line for Mailbox. Here's a short review of what I think:
Features:
The features within Mailbox should be implemented into iOS. They're just that good. I haven't seen these anywhere on any other app before. They're something to get used to but very user friendly. There's a tutorial describing them when you first open it.
Usability:
This app has a LONG ways to go. Unfortunately, it only works for gmail accounts at the moment. I have Yahoo and AOL accounts I can't link to it. Hopefully it gets updated with those providers soon.

Was the wait worth it?
Yes. I've been waiting a week to get my hands on this app. I love it and it'll definitely be replacing the standard Mail app integrated into iOS. Until they update it, though, it won't be of much use to me.

The app uses a reservation list. There's currently a wait list of about 810,000. 20,000 slots get filled within 24 hours (roughly).
Hope this helps.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
They replied. Kinda sucks though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 77

MacFan23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
I'm working around this by forwarding emails from other services to a gmail account. Not ideal, but still works for receiving mail.

fujitsu

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
The app uses a reservation list. There's currently a wait list of about 810,000. 20,000 slots get filled within 24 hours (roughly).

That's a long wait list. Guess, I should sign up now if I want to try Mailbox.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
For what it's worth, I haven't used the app much yet. Not until it's available for my other email providers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.