Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
Hi there,
I was just thinking it would be a neat idea if people had uploaded any short movies online which they created using Final Cut or iMovie maybe we could share them with one another. I'd be quite interested in seeing other people's work! Looking forward to it!

Cheers,
Frohike

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
REPLY hoop: I can't really hear the dialogue much as im sitting in my school common room, but from what i can see the shots are well framed and i like the use of black and white, it can be used a bit much by film students, but it works i think... the lighting looks a bit dim however. I'll take another look when i can actually hear it and get back. What'd you think of my contribution!
Cheers
Frohike

EDIT:...Ok i just heard the sound... a bit contraversial for my tastes tbh. I hope its not true that anything someone writes reflects the personality. What was the idea behind the film? what sort of message where you trying to give out? I'm just interested to see how this was developed from an idea and why you chose the subject matter.

hoop

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2007
Bath, yookay.
REPLY hoop: I can't really hear the dialogue much as im sitting in my school common room, but from what i can see the shots are well framed and i like the use of black and white, it can be used a bit much by film students, but it works i think... the lighting looks a bit dim however. I'll take another look when i can actually hear it and get back. What'd you think of my contribution!
Cheers
Frohike

EDIT:...Ok i just heard the sound... a bit contraversial for my tastes tbh. I hope its not true that anything someone writes reflects the personality. What was the idea behind the film? what sort of message where you trying to give out? I'm just interested to see how this was developed from an idea and why you chose the subject matter.

Hey - I really liked yours! It's an idea that's been done before, but the timing and planning of it made me smile. Although, I personally would have done a couple more things that take advantage of going in reverse - stuff like spitting out chewing gum and eating etc. But still. That must have taken a while to sort out.

As for my effort - it's an issue I feel strongly about - the demonisation of something that occurs in people's growth completely naturally. And so when I asked myself 'what dp I want to express? What do I want to challenge people with?' that was my answer.

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
Hey - I really liked yours! It's an idea that's been done before, but the timing and planning of it made me smile. Although, I personally would have done a couple more things that take advantage of going in reverse - stuff like spitting out chewing gum and eating etc. But still. That must have taken a while to sort out.

As for my effort - it's an issue I feel strongly about - the demonisation of something that occurs in people's growth completely naturally. And so when I asked myself 'what dp I want to express? What do I want to challenge people with?' that was my answer.

Now you've explained it its made it a lot more meaningful, i guess its because it's such a demonised subject (like you said) and so when i saw it i found the man quite distasteful but now i realise that my interpretation of him was entirely built from news reports and public opinion. I was trying to think of a way to make the audience more sympathetic towards the man however i think you're way was the most effective and closest way of enabling the audience to sympathise with him

Frohike

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Kent, England
I have made a couple of short films on iMovie

This one is a short comedy called Sheer Boredom.

This one is the first episode to a mini-series.

They are both around 5 minutes long.

Those were both really good! Sheer boredom was very fun with a distinct Lock stock and two smoking barrels/Tarentino feel to it! i really enjoyed it. As for the Misplace i thought that was cool too. Almost like a short twilight zone, perhaps it has potential to be developed abit more, but i dunno maybe that was the whole point that it was short and fairly open! Thanks for your contributions!

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Some of my stuff can be found at http://www.mariposaprod.com

Not my best work, but some interesting stuff.
All cut on FCP. The site hasn't been updated in a while... I've been too busy making awesome shorts. When I manage to get those uploaded I'll provide an update. ;) :D

PS. info on the shorts can be found by visiting http://www.firstshortfilms.com
(I'll let you guess who the guy in the dashing Apple shirt is, under "production stills" :p :D )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.