Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Hello all -

Both iMovie and Final Cut pro have collections of sound effects that can be added to a movie-in-production. But these are indeed sound "effects", not music.

What I'm looking for are some short (say, 5, 10, 15 seconds) "musical transition" clips that can be used to add a bit of flavor to title transitions or elsewhere.

Do any collections of such things exist?
Again, not looking for "entire songs" or "complete works" -- just "transitional length" pieces.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
Online searches will find you tons of this. There's lots of companies that sell this exact kind of thing. Many stock imagery sites have stock music too. I suggest searching for "royalty free music clips" and variations of that. Audioblocks in one good one.

Or you might be able to make something original yourself using tools like Garageband.

BeechFlyer

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2015
Cedar Rapids, IA
Both iMovie and Final Cut pro have collections of sound effects that can be added to a movie-in-production. But these are indeed sound "effects", not music.

What I'm looking for are some short (say, 5, 10, 15 seconds) "musical transition" clips that can be used to add a bit of flavor to title transitions or elsewhere.
A lot of those come with Final Cut Pro. Under "Sound Effects", look for "Jingles" in the "Genre" column. Quite a few choices here.

FCP X Jingles.jpg

Reactions: MSastre

Benji2018

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2018
Hello all -

Do any collections of such things exist?
Again, not looking for "entire songs" or "complete works" -- just "transitional length" pieces.

Take a look at MusicScreen website you will find a category named "JINGLES", plenty of short tracks (between 9sec and 25sec)
This is royalty free music Library, and you can download any track without subsciption, it is free for non comerc use..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.