Short Review: SENA Elega Pouch

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by expergo, Jul 26, 2008.

1. expergo macrumors regular

Hi,

I purchased a brown Sena Elega Pouch for my iPhone 3G. I didn't want a skin cause I like my gadgets to be shown off for their beauty. haha. Anyways.

I usually put the phone in my pocket but I wanted a case that would protect it when I put my phone in my backpack or fanny pack, or wherever it was needed. Most of all, if it was ever dropped in such a bag, that it wouldn't be dented.

I ordered on Sat and received it yesterday. Less than a week. Impressive since I'm in Canada and sometimes things get stuck at the border.

The leather quality and stitching is really good. The phone is tight inside the pouch. This is the same model as the 1st gen iPhone. I emailed them and they said that it should fit the 3G one well and it takes a few days for the leather to be worn in. Inside is a nice velvet material which cleans the back and sides as I take the phone out.

Pics are below (click to enlarge)! It was hard for me to find real life pictures of it so I hope this helps!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

I got the Sena Ultra Slim Pouch in Magenta and received it this week gone on Wednesday. It's brilliant and works really well. My iPhone 3G was a very tight fit as well, and it was really difficult to get in and out of the pouch for the first few days. However it has loosened up nicely and the fit is now perfect. Literally takes half a second to get in to the pouch, and a second to get out.

10/10 for me. Well done Sena.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

can any of you guys confirm that the inside velvety material leaves particles of lint or something on the iphone when taking it out. i have the white sena ultra slim. its all worn in since i have had it for a week. TIA.

4. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Mine did initially, but this has become less frequent over the few days I've had it, and I've just taken my iPhone out for you and there is no particles of lint on the device. Just had a quick look in to the pouch and it does look fine, and hasn't worn out at all. Have you contacted Sena, as your pouch may be defective?

5. Skeets macrumors newbie

Just ordered one of these in Croco Black. It's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the coupon code too!

6. wrestlepsu99 macrumors newbie

Love it!

Hi, I have been a long time troller first time poster. I got the Sena Elga pouch in Croco Brown and I have to say, it is a beautiful case. I carry my phone in my pocket and it feels great, and not too bulky. (Than my old nextel i850 which was like carrying a brick)

One thing to know about this case is that you won't really love it until you get it broken in. It's needs broken in like my Galco leather holster for my glock 23 that I wear everyday for my job. It was a pain in the ass (literally) at first, but since it has been broken in, I don't even know it's there.