Short scripts requiring filmmakers.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by santosh2, Jul 7, 2008.

1. santosh2 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm a film graduate from the UK. I've written three short scripts which I would like to see get made. Details are below:-

Short script 1.
    Title: Video Nasty.
    Genre: Comedy.
    Synopsis: Two 16 year old girls, Reena(Indian) and Hannah(English) make their own horror movie as part of a school project. Using a DV camera, they coerce their friends into making a movie called ‘Video Nasty’. Reena’s boyfriend Ryan(English) plays an avenging zombie in the film and her friend Heather(Black) plays the heroine.

Short script 2.
    Title: Weapon of Choice.
    Genre: Sci-Fi.
    Synopsis: In a future Britain, a weapon is developed which can kill any specific person without destroying property or causing collateral damage. The weapon orbits the Earth from a satellite and is controlled by a government organization called ‘Weapon of Choice’. One of its operatives, Simon abuses this power to kill an innocent man.

Short script 3.
    Title: Tattoo.
    Genre: Comedy.
    Synopsis: David just can’t keep his tattoos on his body. They keep coming to life and jumping free of him. His car, ship and dragon tattoos simply won’t stay put. After receiving an anonymous email, David invests in some specially designed suction patches which suck his wayward tattoos back onto his body. Unfortunately for him, the suction patches work so well, they suck the tattoos ‘inside’ him where they run amok.

If there are any filmmakers who would like to collaborate with me on any of these then please get in touch. Thanks.
    santoshsandhu@hotmail.com

Attached Files:

2. Lunja macrumors 6502

Lunja

Hi Santosh -

Two things -

1. Take a look at shootingpeople.org. It's a fantastic online community for professional and amateur filmmakers, and there are always people willing to collaborate on a great film idea. There is a subscription charge of around £30 a year, but it's well worth a look.

2. Be careful with your scripts! They're your intellectual property, and could one day be worth many millions of Hollywood dollars. Don't let just anyone see them ;)

Keep us posted on your progress. I'd quite like to see how "Tattoo" turns out... :)

3. striverdon macrumors newbie

Hi Santosh

Lunja made some really good points that I think you should take on board especially the part which said 'don't post your scripts' lol.

I don't know where your based in the UK but if its in and around London you could be in luck. The BFI (British Film Institute) have a program that I'm involved in both running and taking part called 'Future Film'.

Future film is basically a hub for young people subject to cinematic creativity whether that be script writing all the way upto pitching your idea. We have a serious of workshops, discussions and networking events every month. Its core aim is to inspire young people (16-25ish) to take part in the media and challenge the stereotypical representation of youth it portrays.

For more check out 'The Future Film Festival @ the BFI Southbank' Facebook group OR email striverdon@msn.com.

4. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Interested. Tattoo seems like it could be very Gondry-esque. I'll read the scripts tomorrow when I'm not asleep. ;)

And yes, protect your intellectual property. Mail them to yourself or something, anything! I always register anything remotely important with the WGAw... I imagine there is a U.K. equivalent.

5. santosh2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your comments. All scripts are copyrighted with the UK copyright service.