Short USB C charge cable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TWHH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. TWHH macrumors regular

I have a new MBP 13" and where I place it at home is right next to the charger.

Does anyone know where in the UK I can get a short USB C power lead - the lead that came with the MBP us making a right old mess of my workspace. Any Google search I do just throws up USB C to a different USB connector.

Thanks

2. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

Amazon sellers have short USB-C cables. Just don't get some crappy noname brand.

BTW, there is a Google engineer has been testing third party USB-C cables and giving his rating.

EDIT:

Here we go:

https://plus.google.com/collection/s0Inv

3. TWHH thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that - will have a lot at the Google info. I've only been able to find 3ft cables on Amazon. Was hoping for 1ft or less

4. killawat macrumors 65816

Use a certified Thunderbolt 3 cable; plenty of short ones. many are safe for use up to 100W.

5. TWHH thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, still can’t find one less than 3ft long. Looking for about 1ft / 30 cm

6. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

I use the braided 3-foot Veckle with my MacBook. It's USB-C 3.1 gen 2 (not TB3), USB IF-Certified, and Benson Approved. It delivers up to 100 watts, so will work well with the 13 and 15 MBPs. It's very well constructed for 15 bucks.

7. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

My go to short USB-C to to USB-C cable is the USB-C cable that came with my Samsung T5 USB-C external SSD. It's more flexible and has a built-in cable tie.

Here is the Benson approval spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJwqv3rTNmORXz-XJsQaXK1dl8I91V4-eP_sfNVNzbA/edit#gid=0

I bought an Aukey branded five-pack USB-A to USB-C which includes a 1 foot cable. It's not Benson approved or disapproved. Some of their older cables were not Benson approved, but some newer ones have been. However, the cables I bought weren't tested.

I haven't had any issue with them, except that the thick cable with the added braiding makes them very stiff. However, I mainly have just been using them for charging (with iPad USB-A chargers).