Short video I shot and edited my iPhone 4- comments welcome

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonjames, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jonjames macrumors regular

2. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

good job! cant ever go wrong with that music :)

Looks like you guys had fun

3. nin7474 macrumors 6502

How do you get it to record in 720P? Do i have to hold it sideways?

4. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I love that song now thanks to apple and thought it fit well since it was an iPhone video plus it really was the "perfect timing" because we went to visit my wides little sister and she hasn't seen her in a few years. Thanks again

5. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

6. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure but I thought 720p was the only format supported by ip4 but if you mean full screen? yes I shot 98% holding the camera sideways with the lense on top....my wife messed up and recorded the clip with me swimming underwater vertically(she didn't know any better)

Ps
    You can record widescreen format when in landscape mode by double tapping the screen before pressing record

7. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

From a professional standpoint, it sucks.

From a consumer point, it's amazing that a phone can shoot and edit 720p video.

Kuddos to Apple.

8. zeeflyboy macrumors regular

nice vid - great keepsake from the holiday.

I think it's just great you can do something like this on your frikkin phone these days... things really have come a long way!

9. immigrantsong macrumors member

10. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

Pretty impressive for a phone. I prefer transferring from a real camera and using my Mac, but it is pretty amazing that this is possible nowadays.

11. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Great job. It turned out nice. Hope the vacation was as good too :)

12. D3lta macrumors 6502a

The rear camera can only record in 720p.

13. jargon51 macrumors 6502

Comment = AWESOME!

Great job and very cool video.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

15. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

Actually I thought that was pretty neat. I didn't know the iPhone would record video in portrait mode. It adds a little variety.

I live nearby to where you shot your footage. It was pleasantly surprising to see familiar landmarks. And I'm really impressed at how well the fireworks footage came out!

Have you found any way to add fades to the beginning and the end of the project? It's too bad it just sort of stops at the end, with no music. It would have been cleaner to shorten the beach scene so it all ends together.

For the curious, I just shot my first iPhone video as well, just some footage around our gardens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnWZriFd6og

16. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

Great video. This could replace the home video camera for some!

17. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

Hey, how did you load that video onto YouTube at 720p? I loaded one by moving it to my computer and loading it to YouTube. Well, I can't load that video on my iPhone and I can't even search for that video through YouTube.

18. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Tried to find something wrong with the video.

Can't.

Good job.

19. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Very good! I got iMovie, but haven't taken the time to mess with it properly. I like that yours has a theme and the pacing is good. I'm sure anything I do wouldn't be so good.

There were a couple little glitches in the audio. Does it let you edit the audio or did those just appear in the export? Or were they in the source music track if played by the iPod app?

20. BadMoon macrumors 6502

VERY nice! This is what I try to explain to people when they ask why I had to rush out and get this phone.

This is not just a phone. It does everything! All in one little magic device. The video quality is beautiful and perfect for those types of moments. I made my own 4th of July video and I love the end result. Not only that but it's so darn easy!

Good work! :cool:

21. MozMan68 macrumors 68020

MozMan68

Awesome!!

Got my phone and downloaded iMovie today...now to finally try it out.
    :D

22. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

In the iPhone's version of iMovie, you can add an audio track. For the source video, you have a choice of leaving the audio on or turning it off. If you leave it on, iMovie seems to "duck" any added audio track underneath it.

If you're talking about the YouTube audio track listing, that's done automatically by YouTube if you've used a catalogued piece of music.

Something I thought was interesting: I tried uploading my video directly from my iPhone to YouTube, and also transferring it to my Mac, tweaking it with my Mac's iMovie and then uploading it from my computer. The desktop version took a half hour to upload and the quality ended up being terrible. The version from my iPhone took about three minutes to upload and the quality was pretty decent.

23. DetTigers macrumors regular

You either have to connect your iPhone to your computer or use an App like Pixelpipe...