Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonjames

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
Yeah I love that song now thanks to apple and thought it fit well since it was an iPhone video plus it really was the "perfect timing" because we went to visit my wides little sister and she hasn't seen her in a few years. Thanks again

jonjames

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2009
I'm not sure but I thought 720p was the only format supported by ip4 but if you mean full screen? yes I shot 98% holding the camera sideways with the lense on top....my wife messed up and recorded the clip with me swimming underwater vertically(she didn't know any better)

Ps
You can record widescreen format when in landscape mode by double tapping the screen before pressing record

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
From a professional standpoint, it sucks.

From a consumer point, it's amazing that a phone can shoot and edit 720p video.

Kuddos to Apple.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
nice vid - great keepsake from the holiday.

I think it's just great you can do something like this on your frikkin phone these days... things really have come a long way!

eye

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
Detroit
Pretty impressive for a phone. I prefer transferring from a real camera and using my Mac, but it is pretty amazing that this is possible nowadays.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
my wife messed up and recorded the clip with me swimming underwater vertically(she didn't know any better)

Actually I thought that was pretty neat. I didn't know the iPhone would record video in portrait mode. It adds a little variety.

I live nearby to where you shot your footage. It was pleasantly surprising to see familiar landmarks. And I'm really impressed at how well the fireworks footage came out!

Have you found any way to add fades to the beginning and the end of the project? It's too bad it just sort of stops at the end, with no music. It would have been cleaner to shorten the beach scene so it all ends together.

For the curious, I just shot my first iPhone video as well, just some footage around our gardens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnWZriFd6og

patdesignsinc

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2008
Hey, how did you load that video onto YouTube at 720p? I loaded one by moving it to my computer and loading it to YouTube. Well, I can't load that video on my iPhone and I can't even search for that video through YouTube.

bluenoise

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Very good! I got iMovie, but haven't taken the time to mess with it properly. I like that yours has a theme and the pacing is good. I'm sure anything I do wouldn't be so good.

There were a couple little glitches in the audio. Does it let you edit the audio or did those just appear in the export? Or were they in the source music track if played by the iPod app?

BadMoon

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Here is a short video I shot and edited my iPhone 4 during my vacation. Tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvG9mnAeGMk

VERY nice! This is what I try to explain to people when they ask why I had to rush out and get this phone.

This is not just a phone. It does everything! All in one little magic device. The video quality is beautiful and perfect for those types of moments. I made my own 4th of July video and I love the end result. Not only that but it's so darn easy!

Good work! :cool:

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
There were a couple little glitches in the audio. Does it let you edit the audio or did those just appear in the export? Or were they in the source music track if played by the iPod app?

In the iPhone's version of iMovie, you can add an audio track. For the source video, you have a choice of leaving the audio on or turning it off. If you leave it on, iMovie seems to "duck" any added audio track underneath it.

If you're talking about the YouTube audio track listing, that's done automatically by YouTube if you've used a catalogued piece of music.

Something I thought was interesting: I tried uploading my video directly from my iPhone to YouTube, and also transferring it to my Mac, tweaking it with my Mac's iMovie and then uploading it from my computer. The desktop version took a half hour to upload and the quality ended up being terrible. The version from my iPhone took about three minutes to upload and the quality was pretty decent.

DetTigers

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
Hey, how did you load that video onto YouTube at 720p? I loaded one by moving it to my computer and loading it to YouTube. Well, I can't load that video on my iPhone and I can't even search for that video through YouTube.

You either have to connect your iPhone to your computer or use an App like Pixelpipe...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.